How Many People Actually Use The Lasers?

Failing@Failing

Failing@Failing

They're so useless for everything except killing monsters!!!!!

In fact if I were to make a mod for Rock Raiders I would name the laser units

Mining Laser -> "Defense Turret"

I would make it use less crystals so it has an advantage over the:

SMLC -> "Mobile Defense Turret"

LMLC -> "Mobile Defense Turret Mk. 1337"

I would make this have same stats as Defense Turret (Base) when the 'drill' is upgraded.

Can someone explain what the use of lasers is and why they're so weak?

It's to add variety into the gameplay, but since the game and actual theme were developed at the same time, the lasers were probably added in because they had to be represented. Plus, the Chrome Crusher would not be the same without its laser.

I just do what most people do, except I only use the LMLC and I always take the drill upgrade for it. The small one just doesn't work that well and the upgrade makes the LMLC capable of one-shot killing monsters or hitting two close together targets at once.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good thing they added lasers, because my overhaul makes good use of them...

But yes, once I found out I could actually take control of the guns, I was set to go nuts with the lasers on every level I built one. And then I went into FPS games...

But yes, once I found out I could actually take control of the guns, I was set to go nuts with the lasers on every level I built one. And then I went into FPS games...

So RR started you on FPS games? lol

• 2 weeks later...
Failing@Failing

I've found that lasers can be very useful for mining heavily landslide-prone areas of dirt.

But don't they take about 12 shots or about 3 crystal's worth per wall?

And from my memory only about 5 levels have recharge seams available.

I've found that lasers can be very useful for mining heavily landslide-prone areas of dirt.

One of those levels, frozen frenzy, has one of the dirt areas. It's so much more preferable to seeing your drillers die trying to drill into a wall as it pelts them with boulders.

One of those levels, frozen frenzy, has one of the dirt areas. It's so much more preferable to seeing your drillers die trying to drill into a wall as it pelts them with boulders.

You still end up with them dying trying to shovel out the sea of rubble. I remember Cirevam mentioning (in his walkthrough) that there is really no reason to go there unless you want a 100% clear on that level.

• 1 year later...

most levels have a recharge seam

Nope, only Frozen Frenzy, Rock Hard, Hot Stuff and Rocky Horror. That is not even a quarter of all levels, so it is definitely not most.

And please 

Let sleeping topics lie

and don't 

resurrect dead topics without anything constructive to add

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.