Flickering On Certain Elements

Phekzhen

Bonjour.

So I just installed LRR. When I run the executable, it asks me something about what I want to use (don't remember if this was true on original release & hardware). So the little LEGO Media video is fine, but then after that, the menu items that are "layered" up front flicker. This means the text on the options, the giant rock..cavern...thing on the level screen, and the mission briefing window. I haven't played more than that because it's pretty painful to look at.

Helps?

Posting rig specs below.

And I apologize for any awkardness from copypasta'ing straight from Windows.

Processor AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X6 1100T Processor

Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Primary hard disk 601GB Free (931GB Total)

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

GPU1

________________________________________________________________________________

Display device : AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series on Barts GPU

Display driver : 7.14.10.0860

On-board memory : 1024MB

BIOS : 013.007.000.002

GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_6739&SUBSYS_31101682&REV_00&BUS_8&DEV_0&FN_0

Multi-GPU role : master

GPU2

________________________________________________________________________________

Display driver : 7.14.10.0860, Catalyst 11.9

On-board memory : 1024MB

BIOS : 013.007.000.002

GUID : VEN_1002&DEV_6739&SUBSYS_31121682&REV_00&BUS_1&DEV_0&FN_0

Multi-GPU role : synchronized with master

Display driver : 7.14.10.0860, Catalyst 11.9

There's your problem. LRR hates Radeon GPUs. Many members, including myself, have had framerate issues with them at the very least. All I can suggest is to mess with settings in the Catalyst Control Center or see if you can make LRR run without your GPU.

Yeah, just double-checked the game requirements, and I'll most definitely be able to run this with just using my processor.

I'm on a different computer at the moment (one running a linux-based social OS), so I can't do any tests on my own, but I'll keep this in mind once I get back to my desktop.

EDIT:

So I'm back on my desktop...and how do you switch off GPUs for a program?

Don't do that. I got around the Radeon problem by turning off all the graphics enhancements that WEREN'T application controlled. Turn off antialiasing, anisotripic filtering, supersampling, and anything else that the card does outside of the application. This should fix the problem.

M'kay. I'll give that a try.

EDIT

NOPE.jpg

Didn't work. I went into ATI/AMD Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and put all 3D graphics suchnsuch to "let the application choose," so instead of CCC making it so the application chooses what 3D settings be do.

Also, I tweaked around with the options of DLG.exe, and that made no difference.

Try actually disabling them instead of letting the program choose. LRR, from what I can remember, didn't have too many graphics settings so maybe some of those are defaulting to on.

Worse case scenario just run the program in software rendered mode.

Open LRR from the executable inside of your installation folder rather than opening it from a shortcut. Choose RGB Emulation from the options box that will appear.

• 2 months later...

i've got the same issue with the overlay flickering, is there a solution to this yet? I've tried disabling options within catalyst to no avail, how can I disable my GPU for a certain game?

Turn of crossfire bro ;) i got crossfire aswell game does not like it and what cirevam said about lrr dont like Radeon is untrue pls do your research before you say something cuzz its crossfire ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.