Problem In Windows 7 X64: Ingame Music And Debugkeys

Lego Rockfox

Hello Rock Raiders. Here is Rockfox again.

This time i need help for editing the Rock Raiders WAD.

First i made an ISO with ImgBurn from an Original Disc. Then i mount it with Deamon Tools and installed it.

I edited the LegoRR1 WAD with PSPad and changed the Variables MusicOn and allowdebugkeys on True. But only this dont work because the Game Crash in the Loadingscreen.

What can i do?

Greetings RockFox

NONONONONO You're doing it wrong.

EXTRACT the WADs with WAD Tool, THEN you can start editing stuff. I suggest you use the Data method (put everything from the WADs in the Data folder) that way you don't have to recompile the WADs every time you're testing a mod.

Follow these steps.

Step 1. Open up WAD Tool, browse to the folder you installed Rock Raiders to. Select LegoRR1 and extract it. Do the same thing with LegoRR0.

Step 2. Go to the Rock Raiders folder and delete or move both WADs out of the folder.

Step 3. You should have two new folders: LegoRR1 and LegoRR0. Open LegoRR0, select every thing inside that folder and cut (Ctrl-X) (correct me if I'm wrong. I can't remember if you're supposed to do LegoRR0 or 1 first)

Step 4. Go back to the main folder and open the Data folder. Right click and paste (Ctrl-V)

Step 5. Repeat step 4, but with the LegoRR1 folder.

Step 6. Now delete the LegoRR0 and 1 folders. (they should be empty by now)

Oh, and if it asks you if you want to replace anything, click yes to everything.

Now you're good to go. Have fun modding.

Variables MusicOn

Oh, well there you go... I have no clue what that does.

(correct me if I'm wrong. I can't remember if you're supposed to do LegoRR0 or 1 first)

Oh how many times must we go over this <_< you're right by the way :P

So i tried some ways to get the Music and the Debug Keys. At first i followed the Instructions from "Meatballs" after i overwrite the files the game crash in the loading screen only when i compile new WADs it starts but i dont have music anyway.

The second thing i tried was the downloadable tool LEGO Rock Raider Launcher with Music (from The Doctor) I started it i start a level and no music anyways.

Did i something wrong?

Hello Rock Raiders. Here is Rockfox again.

This time i need help for editing the Rock Raiders WAD.

First i made an ISO with ImgBurn from an Original Disc. Then i mount it with Deamon Tools and installed it.

I edited the LegoRR1 WAD with PSPad and changed the Variables MusicOn and allowdebugkeys on True. But only this dont work because the Game Crash in the Loadingscreen.

What can i do?

Greetings RockFox

I made the same mistake when I started.

The second thing i tried was the downloadable tool LEGO Rock Raider Launcher with Music (from The Doctor) I started it i start a level and no music anyways.

If I remember right, LRR Launcher doesn't have music support yet, even though the program proudly proclaims that it does. For now, just have Windows Media Player or something else running in the background, or put an audio CD into your computer while playing LRR.

I've put that aside for now because I have lots of things to do, and that it's somewhat poorly coded. I might partially rewrite it once I figure out a better way for it to work.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.