Rock Raiders: Source

codsniper

Hey, if you want I could scrounge for the parts I had. I was working on something like this a couple years back, and just abandoned it after a while.

HOLY...HE'S BACK.

Yeah, for the 1252nd time. But yeah, I could try and see if it's still on one of my HDDs.

Sounds like a plan. Im going to work on learning C++ so I can get to scripting entities. If you plan on helping the project along then I'll give you the password to the mod files

:Holy Quotes:

Yeah I guess.

Knowing my track record, this could be interesting.

Sorry about not having many updates recently, I've been busy. Within a few days I will release a new update. Fellow developers I would like to hear about anything that you have worked on.

Currently:

Making & Texturing models.

Creating Enhancing current textures

Need:

A way to have "Start new game" and "Load Saved Game" from the main menu

It seems that the website is down. You may want to look into that soon.

P.S. Pickaxe heading your way soon.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

It appears that router assigned server new LAN IP. Expect it back up within 5 minutes

please update your bookmarks for the website to http://lrrsdev.dyndns.info/ (the external IP haz changed)

I look forward to the pickaxe. Crowbar replacement?

A way to have "Start new game" and "Load Saved Game" from the main menu

Done.

gallery_646_77_1979756.png

lolalex

OMG TATS AWESUM!!11!one

Please tell me how you did that. Or just send me the files with install instructions and I will get them in the latest release

Please tell me how you did that. Or just send me the files with install instructions and I will get them in the latest release

I'll upload my RR:S folder to some file sharing site later when I get home.

Oh, and I just edited the GameMenu.res

I'll upload my RR:S folder to some file sharing site later when I get home.

Oh, and I just edited the GameMenu.res

Do we need a .res file for the levels or do we just add them in the maps folder?

If its just a simple .res file, I'll have the testing map into the next release, along with rrrocks' pickaxe model if he gets that to me by 02/12/2011

Also, models folder is for compiled models, models_src is for uncompiled models.

Do we need a .res file for the levels or do we just add them in the maps folder?

The .res file is located in the Resource folder (you'll have to extract it from a .gcf first)

Also, models folder is for compiled models, models_src is for uncompiled models.

What?

The .res file is located in the Resource folder (you'll have to extract it from a .gcf first)

What?

Forgot to put the new build on the server. Sorry about that.

Also, do you know what the name of the .res file is?

• 2 weeks later...

Who needs help with model rigging, textures, or basic source code?

Anyone?

I can't do much else around here, but I'm highly experienced in the source engine.

I'd love to be on the team for this.

Who needs help with model rigging, textures, or basic source code?

Anyone?

I can't do much else around here, but I'm highly experienced in the source engine.

I'd love to be on the team for this.

You sound like a great addition to the team.

Im not sure what everybody else is doing

Im not sure what everybody else is doing

I make maps. I'm also working on the HUD, the main menu and some other stuff. I also make models in ldraw wich I export to .obj or .3ds. Then add some textures, create the necessary .smd's, then compile to a .mdl file.

I play games. Just letting you know I'd both play this and test this, if I can. If I can being if I already have all the required source games and stuff.

If I can being if I already have all the required source games and stuff.

You'll need any source game, Source SDK and SDK Base 2007 to play this.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if I can't help you to creat the mod, I can say that if it is rly created be sure I'll download it ! (even if I have to spend some $, €, whatever)

This is a really good idea to make that on the source enging, more beautiful, no way to loose CD, we can see who play and love this game, well can't do much more than : continue I love what you do !

:love:

(even if I have to spend some $, €, whatever)

No worries, mate. We're not allowed to sell it when it's finished. (not in the alpha/beta stage either) Rock Raiders is copyrighted by LEGO, and we'd have to buy a license for the Source engine or whatever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.