I Dont Get Light Wave 5.6 Edition

Cap't Rex

Hi, i recently got Lightwave 5.6 version. I need some help and some info. the thing is, when i open up an Light wave file, it shows up as random lines and dots. Any help would be appricated. Also how do i cange the shape of the lightwave file in lightwave 5.6 :) (on another note: also my friend, under the user name m1sticdragon joined today so lets welcome him with a true RRU welcome. )

Hi, i recently got Lightwave 5.6 version. I need some help and some info. the thing is, when i open up an Light wave file, it shows up as random lines and dots. Any help would be appricated. Also how do i cange the shape of the lightwave file in lightwave 5.6 :)

So the topic would more appropriately be titled "Need help with Lightwave 5.6." There are learning curves associated with most products. You would be doing yourself and others a disservice by casting it to the wayside simply because you're not a pro at using it right out of the gate.

On that note, while asking for help is an intelligent move, you would be remiss to not attempt to find the answers yourself. I'm sure there are plenty of good tutorials online and Google is always a gateway.

(on another note: also my friend, under the user name m1sticdragon joined today so lets welcome him with a true RRU welcome. )

While you have good intentions in saying this, there is a sub-forum dedicated just for introductions. If he should choose, he can make a topic there and I'm sure he will be warmly welcomed.

Hi, i recently got Lightwave 5.6 version. I need some help and some info. the thing is, when i open up an Light wave file, it shows up as random lines and dots. Any help would be appricated. Also how do i cange the shape of the lightwave file in lightwave 5.6 :) (on another note: also my friend, under the user name m1sticdragon joined today so lets welcome him with a true RRU welcome. )

I disagree completely with the topic title. I have Lightwave 5.6, and it so far has solved all my problems.

You're opening a Lightwave file from a later version in 5.6. You need to have the conv3d.p file in your plugins folder, avaliable from HERE, then in your later version of Lightwave add the plugin (ask someone else, I cbf to open up 8 and figure it right now), then you go into "File", "Export" and then "Export to Lightwave 5.6" Moreover, its not called "change the shape", it's called "convert from %s to version %d".

Lastly, when he makes his own topic, I shall welcome him, but not in a random topic he's probably not reading.

Mods, lock.

EDIT: Looking at the title closely, he may of been saying "I don't get Lightwave 5.6", not "DON'T GET LIGHTWAVE 5.6"...there is a difference that requires GRAMMAR.

I see no reason to lock this, at least not until Rex has figured out his problem. The title has been edited though, since it did seem like a mistake.

Sorry for title confusion. Where do i put the conv3d.p in the plugins as there are 3 folders in plugins folder.

Whoops, should have been more clear with that step.

You need to put it in your newer Lightwave folder. Anywhere, it doesn't matter. Just make sure you link it in the program.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.