O.p. Or Not, For Concepts.

jg325

would this be O.P., a large mech that moves about as fast as a rock raider at base, is as powerful as the chrome rusher, has a laser, can clear rubble and possibly refine ore by itself, so op or not?

Ps. anybody who wants to see if a concept they have is balanced or not can post here and hopefully it will be looked over and rated

O.P. = over powered, example: the odin from starcraft 2, both death stars etc. usually used to describe something that is too powerful, unbalanced,

First, OP commonly means Opening Poster or OPerator on the internet. It relates to 4chan and IRC.

Secondly, if you set the cost high, I think it's a fair vehicle. Just make sure it's worth what you pay for it, and nothing less than expensive/hard to achieve.

O.P. in the gaming sense,

Technically, gaming culture and internet culture are seen as one. I've only heard the OP term for the ones I suggested, but then again, I never played Starcraft 2.

and i mean looking at its functionality is it too much or is it viable?

If you were to give them it for free, then yes, it's "OP". But if you give it a little context and make it super expensive, or remove buildings and give functions to the vehicles, then it's actually a pretty good idea. That being said, I'm unsure if you can let a vehicle refine ore...

over powered is also used commonly (see constantly) around league of legends, most mmos, fighting games, etc

idk if it actualy can be done in-game, im just making a design for a new vehicle and one idea was to have it scoop up ore with one had, then process it and spit out refined ore from the shoulder

i was thinking more like devistator from TFROTF but with a drill arm on one side, and a cockpit no head, and alot more, home madey, with tubes and steamvents and stuff

proof that im am not ripping off cirevam

what i have made so far, the right side is the driller end of the right arm, the left side, which has some framework, is the rubble scoop and eventualy the refiner

the drill is roughly say 2/3 or so the sive of the body, it is very squat, it would fit into bigger ones, it was designed by jonathan to stop a base rush by whales, monsters, and slugs, the drills will pulp a whale in 3 seconds, the shoulder laser will fry slugs, and the scoop arm will rip monsters apart, mining uses are mearly side effects.

over powered is also used commonly (see constantly) around league of legends, most mmos, fighting games, etc

You're right, over powered is very commonly used. However, "OP" has very rarely ever been used to connotate the phrase "over powered." In fact, you're the only person I can think of who's used it as such. /:|

it is a 10 by 10 plate basicly

Basically, what unit is "plate" exactly? Surely this vehicle isn't 10 by 10 squares in LRR?

ok, maybe saying op is just a colorado thing, but everyone here, correction, every gamer here, uses it, possibly because everyone here plays League of Legends. all my measruments are lego, so a 10x10 plate is 10 studes by 10 studs, for comparison, at its widest point, from side to side, the cockpit assembly on large vehicles is about 8 by 14 by like 5

However, "OP" has very rarely ever been used to connotate the phrase "over powered." In fact, you're the only person I can think of who's used it as such. /:|

I've only heard the OP term for the ones I suggested, but then again, I never played Starcraft 2.

Precisely. OP is used all the time in Starcraft to mean over-powered and I would assume in other games as well. Urban Dictionary agrees.

Lived in a dorm full of gamers for a year and never heard "OP" used to describe overpowered anything; and there was plenty of discussion on such things. /:|

I've been on GameFAQs for a few years and I've seen OP used to mean 'overpowered' plenty of times, especially in fighting games... but I've seen it used to mean 'original post' just as many times on the same site. It just depends on the context.

ok for purposes of this thread op now and forever will mean overpowered, any other uses will be written as the full statement

Damn son, the OPerator just took control.

im lazy and just want to type 2 letters instead of full words if possible

I know what you can do.

Stop being lazy and use grammar that's actually understandable.

my grammar is understandable, seeing as how you respond ot it you must be able to understand

A lot of the time I can't. At least make an effort.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.