• hate it
    • i dont play block games
    • DIsneys Toontown is better
    • No i like Mini craft better
    • dont know do not care
    • Like/love it But hate that you have to pay for builders club
    • To expensive

Classic roblox was amazing. I loved it so much. :D

Then they added free models, and custom textures, not to mention they went overkill on hats and paid items. :P

It became a noob trap. Everyone had poorly designed places because you could just throw in a few free models and be done with it.

I built and scripted most of my places from scratch. It was irritating because I spent so much time working on my places, then I went to the front page and the top place consisted of %80 free models. I stayed for a while and became a Lua Ninja, then I learned C++ and left. It was fun while it lasted.

• 3 months later...

Late to the party, but I used to play ROBLOX all the time, but I agree with Sparky; Classic ROBLOX was great!

IMO, 2010 was the last great year. Now it's just filled with promotions and advertising (not counting user-made advertisements). Almost everything was in Robux since the last time I was on (May of this year?) and it just didn't feel the same :(

IMO, 2010 was the last great year.

Coincidentally, or not, that was about the time I completely quit it.

I never turned back.

Edit: except one time some other roblox haters wanted me to see something stupid and I tried to get back on - turns out it refuses to run on my new computer! :whistle:

Just went back to see what it was like, but mainly to check on an old group I was a part of; It's pretty much dead. The owner hasn't done anything with his maps as far as I've seen. Hardly any posts since either. Just look up "BNL Labs".

Ok, new topic: What was your best moment on ROBLOX?

Mine was not getting banned after profusely swearing (hey, I was a kid. It's what kids think is cool :P). Anyways, I was surprised I was never banned. I even forget why I was doing it. Anyways, whenever I said one thing, it was a one day ban. This was like 50+ swears and nothing!

Mine was not getting banned after profusely swearing.

So your absolute best moment in the entire game, was getting away with swearing. Dun sound like a fun game.

Mine was not getting banned after profusely swearing.

So your absolute best moment in the entire game, was getting away with swearing. Dun sound like a fun game.

Well, at least it used to be. It's just gone downhill ever since. I never really did anything as big as that on ROBLOX. Most of the time it was just playing around on different maps. I never really built anything.

I got banned for sarcasm once. I didn't even say anything that broke the rules.

Achievement Unlocked: Make a Bulls*** Ban and Get Away With It

All ROBLOX moderators have that. It's part of the super-secret don't-tell-anyone-about-it initiation ceremony. Or something.

Probably the dumbest rule that is actually a rule is that you can't talk about other games on the forum. Really. To be fair, the rule says (or did when I last read them) that you can't talk about competing games. In reality, it seems to be literally any online game at all. Minecraft gets this the worst, just because it's a sandbox game with building elements. I've also seen it happen with GMOD. Really, this rule only exists to keep people from talking about Blockland, but they've expanded it to every goddamn online/sandbox game in existance.

Blockland is a much better game, though.

• Like 3

LOL, I tried it once.

It was so laggy, and the level i was playing was glitched, doors wouldnt open. It was horrible.

And the Roblox guys look like Lego men, DAT IS HERESY

Guys, let's all just use real LEGO and forget these building game devilspawn that keep popping up no matter how hard you try to stop them...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

ROBLOX was good.

Until ROBLOX demanded tonnes of money.

Now that their VP's died of cancer, they'll take their rage out on the players.

I've started to leave ROBLOX. I used to be deeply integrated in their clan system, which can be compared to angry COD playing 10 year olds  playing TF2 and not understanding that Sniper is not best class in TF2. Basically, the exact opposite on how the normal clan system works due to the incomplete clan system. Also the mods on ROBLOX have been proven to be bias towards which BC rank you have and if banishing someone affects their rep.

BC = Builders Club

EG: four accounts each with a type of BC except one with no BC all say a swearword and are left to get banned.

Outrageous BC: Warning

Turbo BC: 1 day ban - 3 day ban

BC: 7 day ban - 14 day ban

Non BC: Permanent/Acc deletion/IP ban

Also they cant seem to take criticisim like normal developers. Its like Adults acting like 10 year olds.

Anyway, the general community before 09 was good after 09 it went downhill, along with the admins and mods.

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I remember I was 11 years old when I first joined it; it was June 2007, to be exact. I hate to say it, but I actually had the time of my life during the first two years; I was with my two best friends on it and it was great. 2008 was an even better year for me. Unfortunately, in 2009, things started taking a turn for the worse. I think the last straw for me was when they made a holiday event a premium only thing. I finally quit in frustration and haven't looked at it since. Going by what I have heard has happened since then, I think it's for the better.

It truly feels like I wasted my time on there too; I never made anything noteworthy even during my favorite years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.