Sopa Has Lost.

McJobless

Extreme, act mature for once in your life. Cyrem doesn't want discussions of members implying that they're going to take up arms against the United States government. I think that's pretty fair.

(I knew somebody would take this the wrong way)

I was talking about the end bit being one of those pun-type jokes, not saying his warning was a joke.

Extreme, act mature for once in your life. Cyrem doesn't want discussions of members implying that they're going to take up arms against the United States government. I think that's pretty fair.

Well no sane member is saying they will. At the current moment there is no reason to say such a thing anyways. After ACTA is passed it will be a different matter because there would be real reasons to say stuff like that.

Well no sane member is saying they will. At the current moment there is no reason to say such a thing anyways. After ACTA is passed it will be a different matter because there would be real reasons to say stuff like that.

"before I make such a major, world-changing decision." ... is implying such an act. I am giving a warning before it goes any further... I don't see how such threats are acceptable to be said no matter if ACTA passed or not.

"before I make such a major, world-changing decision." ... is implying such an act. I am giving a warning before it goes any further... I don't see how such threats are acceptable to be said no matter if ACTA passed or not.

Actually I was agreeing with you. There is no reason to do anything physical as of now because there are not any real world implications.

I'm still considering it, but I've decided to observe what happens first before I make such a major, world-changing decision.

This topic is getting blown way out of proportion and you're getting worked up over ONE law. It's not the first and it certainly won't be the last. You are sounding just like an extremist.

If discussion about actions to take (other than petition signing and harmless stuff) continue like this, I'll be doing some censoring of my own.

You're blowing it way out of proportion. I don't want to take up arms against the US, but peaceful secession seems to be considered just as bad so I used it to keep it under wraps. I blame Lincoln and his "the Union must be preserved" propaganda - not because the CSA was right but because they seceded peacefully and Lincoln started the civil war.

Still, I understand why - you weren't there for the conversation in the chat room.

Enough on that though. I won't mention it again if it doesn't come up again. I can obviously tell that my ideas come off as insanity.

Sadie Meowsalot

. I can obviously tell that my ideas come off as insanity.

But that's just it.

Sanity and insanity are perceived.

And we never can say with certainty what the intended implication of the author's text is. Regardless of if they decide to explain its meaning, for we can't be sure that the explanation they're giving us validly expresses what the text was meant to imply. That is something only they themselves will know. And even so, we'd still be forming our own interpretation of the explanation, so it is a futile effort to attempt to understand.

You're blowing it way out of proportion. I don't want to take up arms against the US, but peaceful secession seems to be considered just as bad so I used it to keep it under wraps... Still, I understand why - you weren't there for the conversation in the chat room.

It has nothing to do with me not being in a certain conversation and entirely about you saying all of this:

If I am to lose this fight, I wish to die fighting than to live having failed the people. I wish to die a warrior's death.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm considering hiring several PMCs if I can and storming DC myself. If we win, congress will be paying for their crimes against humanity. If we lose, I'll die fighting.

Sadly, no matter what happens, there will be blood. If ACTA somehow falls, the people pressing it will probably be assassinated. If it passes, there's going to be another civil war in the US. There's no avoiding bloodshed.

I am willing to give my life so that others can live free.

I still would die free, as I would die fighting for the freedom of all people.

You're straight up saying that you're expecting people to die over this and implying that you will go to DC and die fighting the government. You said in this topic that you're a warrior of the pen rather than the sword, but it sure doesn't sound like it unless you plan to stab people with a quill dipped in poisoned ink.

But that's just it.

Sanity and insanity are perceived.

And we never can say with certainty what the intended implication of the author's text is. Regardless of if they decide to explain its meaning, for we can't be sure that the explanation they're giving us validly expresses what the text was meant to imply. That is something only they themselves will know. And even so, we'd still be forming our own interpretation of the explanation, so it is a futile effort to attempt to understand.

Indeed.

Words of wisdom right there.

You're blowing it way out of proportion. I don't want to take up arms against the US, but peaceful secession seems to be considered just as bad so I used it to keep it under wraps... Still, I understand why - you weren't there for the conversation in the chat room.

It has nothing to do with me not being in a certain conversation and entirely about you saying all of this:

If I am to lose this fight, I wish to die fighting than to live having failed the people. I wish to die a warrior's death.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm considering hiring several PMCs if I can and storming DC myself. If we win, congress will be paying for their crimes against humanity. If we lose, I'll die fighting.

Sadly, no matter what happens, there will be blood. If ACTA somehow falls, the people pressing it will probably be assassinated. If it passes, there's going to be another civil war in the US. There's no avoiding bloodshed.

I am willing to give my life so that others can live free.

I still would die free, as I would die fighting for the freedom of all people.

You're straight up saying that you're expecting people to die over this and implying that you will go to DC and die fighting the government. You said in this topic that you're a warrior of the pen rather than the sword, but it sure doesn't sound like it unless you plan to stab people with a quill dipped in poisoned ink.

Go ahead and make a rebel, a criminal, or a terrorist out of me. You're only stooping down to to the level of ACTA supporters.

If there is bloodshed and I somehow get involved, I would rather give my life so that others could live free than live in a world where the people are oppressed. I never said anything about becoming the aggressor, except for that one statement which was made in a poor state of mind.

And as for that one statement...

I have already decided against such a thing. Inflicting the first strike would only make us the villains.

Go ahead and make a rebel, a criminal, or a terrorist out of me. You're only stooping down to to the level of ACTA supporters.

I never said anything about becoming the aggressor, except for that one statement which was made in a poor state of mind.

I'm stooping to the level of ACTA supporters because I'm calling you out when you're both saying that you want a peaceful resolution but at the same time are not above acts of violence? No, I would be stooping to that level if I edited or removed your current signature because it's too tall, but I'm not because I'd be censoring an anti-censorship message. I'm against ACTA so that would be many kinds of wrong.

Well it's true that we're all really worked up over this, so I won't badger you any more. It was just a spur of the moment thing. No hard feelings, I hope.

Well it's true that we're all really worked up over this, so I won't badger you any more. It was just a spur of the moment thing. No hard feelings, I hope.

It's alright. I was the one in the wrong for not explaining myself better, as well as getting to such an extreme mindset in the first place.

Sadie Meowsalot

I noticed that the signature height exceeded what was permitted, but didn't say anything in opposition to the fact for that precise reason.

Also, Cire, in regards to your observation within chat, addressing the pretentious manner in which I express myself, I don't do so in an effort to appear cool, I do so because It's a good literary exercise.

Though, I find I don't often entirely comprehend much of what is said on RRU and elsewhere if the text I'm reading incorporates numerous complex terms within single sentences. That's something I'm hoping to improve upon, as I wish to make absolute sense of what I'm reading as opposed to having to read it over several times in what seems like a futile attempt at comprehension. And that is the primary reason for why the majority of the time I merely observe, because without comprehending what I'm reading, I'm just word calling, and thus I cannot respond accordingly.

I was initially afraid to reply selectively to 40K's particular statement in which he established that what he was saying was apparently coming off as insanity, because I didn't entirely understand the situation, nor was I sure if what I said in response was valid.

https://rt.com/usa/n...uthorities-911/

Return of the Megaupload.

I can't wait to see how that goes. This could turn into the big court case of 2012. "How America's FBI in a single move has caused an unknown amount of damage to both the physical and digital world without any idea if it can be fixed or not."

If this is how 2012 is progressing in the first month alone then I can't wait to see how many time s*** hits the fan by December 21st.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the damages they sue for amount to more the 500million. The FBI will wish they never took it down.

I would ask what you just said but I think I got the gist of it.

That is so significant about 500 million?

]I would ask what you just said but I think I got the gist of it.

The FBI alleges that Megaupload cost media companies $500 million worth of profits.

https://rt.com/usa/n...uthorities-911/

Return of the Megaupload.

I can't wait to see how that goes. This could turn into the big court case of 2012. "How America's FBI in a single move has caused an unknown amount of damage to both the physical and digital world without any idea if it can be fixed or not."

If this is how 2012 is progressing in the first month alone then I can't wait to see how many time s*** hits the fan by December 21st.

Between SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, The US Government vs Megaupload, The People vs the Federal Bureau of investigation and the whole 2012 doomsday scare, I think we've already exceeded our !@#$ hitting the fan quota for the year.

The FBI alleges that Megaupload cost media companies $500 million worth of profits.

I see. Now all we have to do is wait to see if the people who are suing the FBI are clever enough to ask for such an ironic amount.

Between SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, The US Government vs Megaupload, The People vs the Federal Bureau of investigation and the whole 2012 doomsday scare, I think we've already exceeded our !@#$ hitting the fan quota for the year.

You might just be right. Although I think we can probably squeeze quite a few more in before doomsday.

]I would ask what you just said but I think I got the gist of it.

Keyword being "profits". 2011 was a very successful year for the entertainment industry, I think they topped previous profits. Yet they claim pirates are threatening the movie industry? the facts don't line up at all. They just have butthurt because they didn't have enough notes padding their wallets.

It's funny to see though the people hate on Mr. Dotcom because he has a mansion and a set of luxury cars. What do you think a business is for? a business is to make money and his was an extremely successful one... of course he can afford that stuff. He profits from subscriptions, not from illegal downloads. So what if he had 100 bank accounts, he spread his money around to get sweet interest, I would to. I certainly wouldn't want millions in one single bank account, spreading them around is a safeguard.

Look at movie actors, they get paid squillions to do what? pretend to be someone for our entertainment... nothing more. And they earn more then people that actually do something worthwhile, like construction. The work industry should be flipped around so actors earn piddle.

Hopefully megaupload will be back. Lets all hope SOPA, PIPA and ACTA aren't passed. If there passed, a civil war will start.

It seems the us gov only cares about hte rich and famous and not the poor, middle class and regular citizens and people.

It seems the us gov only cares about hte rich and famous and not the poor, middle class and regular citizens and people.

I find that kinda strange to say, since several Megaupload users are celebrities (didn't Gabe Newel privately distribute the HL2 and TF2 betas via Megaupload?). Unless the rich and famous you're talking about are the Warners (Time Warner) and the Meyers (Metro Goldwyn Meyer)...

I'm afraid I bring grave news. I feel sick just thinking about this.

It seems volunteers of the European Union and European Comission are in support of ACTA, defending it and not answering the questions of us, the people. More over, ACTA has a sibling. The TPPA. It's evil.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-01/30/european-commission-acta-misconceptions

http://gigaom.com/2012/01/30/acta-2-0-is-like-a-backdoor-way-to-enact-sopa/

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/03/son-of-acta-meet-the-next-secret-copyright-treaty.ars

To try and brighten the mood, I have a little Anti-ACTA propaganda, as well as the news that an internet petition has almost reach 1,500,000 signatures.

http://www.laquadrature.net/files/Debunking_the_EU_Commissions_fact-sheet_on_ACTA.pdf

This is getting old. They are just going to keep churning them out till at least one gets passed.

Not if we don't let them. So far, petitioning has worked wonders, at least in the US. I also reluctantly have to thank Anonymous for dealing a critical blow, as well as the case "The People vs the Federal Bureau of Investigation".

Still, the TPPA is inexcusable, especially with it originating from the US which makes all legislation concerning the general public public knowledge by mandate. I need to have a talk with someone actually involved, and I think a copy of the Constitution of the United States of America would be a good thing to keep on hand. They can't argue with the Constitution of their home nation.

This is really getting out of hand. I really wish these things would pass faster. I mean we all know ACTA has the best chance of passing and when it does people are going to start fighting back. When ACTA passes then they are going to pass TPPA because the government is going to keep people from posting things about it. Then they are going to brings back SOPA and PIPA as a single bill containing all the original stuff in it and pass that the same way. When the parts of ACTA that talk about food and medicine take affect then people are going to start dying faster.

The moment they get their monopoly over the internet is the moment people like Anonymous and the people of the world are going to fight back even harder. This is when we will have to take down out governments and take down the movie and music industry. The economy is going to crash again because the internet will have become so unstable and useless for buying stuff on and the governments of the world are going to scratch their heads and say "We don't understand what happened. We were only doing what we thought was best. The people must be the problem. There must be to many of them for the world to handle." At that time they will start calling in the least liked, known, understood, and wealthy people to dispose of them claiming that they are doing what is best for the planet.

Don't get me started on how the progress of technology will slow to a halt. I guess that guy that came up with Moore's law didn't take the government into account.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.