Fixed Rock Raider Face

Baz

This is really isn't much, but I've always been annoyed at how all the minifigs, when in first person, have the simple smiley face texture instead of the red haired rock raider head texture. So I found the texture file for it and changed it.

In LegoRR0/Mini-figures/Pilot there are numerous models and textures that you can reskin. The one that I changed was Pface.bmp. I changed it from the smiley face to:

Pface.jpg

So if you want to use that, just download the picture, and save it as the bmp file in the directory mentioned earlier.

Also in LegoRRO/Mini-figures/CAPTAIN you can reskin the chief and give him a purple mustache or something. (His mustache is A277_moustache_Rlow.bmp and A277_moustache_Liow.bmp).

But the annoying thing is that the bmp files are indexed which means that you can't add any new colors that arn't already there. You can however, copy and paste it into a new file, put in the new colors, and then save and replace the old file.

...If you go to World/Shared you see there is already a Sparks face, used for the mining laser. But this is better. And indexing is easy: Turn it into a 24, edit, then back to a 256.

It's not that easy Lair. If you use more than 256 colors when you're editing in 24-bit mode, the editor will choose 256 colors to use that may not match what you really want. It's better to edit in 256-mode and add colors to the index yourself, unless you have a program that converts 24 to 256 really well.

IrfanView handles PNG and JPG very well, so I guess 24bit to 256 colors wouldn't be a problem. Of course you shouldn't believe me at once, because I've never done it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.