I Thought I'd Make The Hover Scout Useful

The Brigadier

The Brigadier

I got really bored, so I thought I'd give the Hover Scout the status it deserves. It now crosses lava and water. At 1 energy crystal, it's a bargain! :af:

6849288259_585e1d399f_z.jpg

6849332841_caba5e166f_z.jpg

Nothing spectacular, just me messing around with the cfg. :P

EDIT: Oh crap. I'm in the Racers topic! xD

Wow, I'm tired. LOL

Consider this moved.

Sorry guys. It's 1:40AM. >_>

Cheers for the move. ;)

I got really bored, so I thought I'd give the Hover Scout the status it deserves. It now crosses lava and water. At 1 energy crystal, it's a bargain! :af:

6849288259_585e1d399f_z.jpg

6849332841_caba5e166f_z.jpg

Wow, I'm tired. LOL

Consider this moved.

wow that is pretty coll but if you could add laser or something like that as a upgrade also maybe make it move much faster at like 10.000 otheret hen that this is really good i hope you become a advance modded like me some day i am on my way to becoming an expert :D

The Brigadier

Wow, I'm tired. LOL

Consider this moved.

wow that is pretty coll but if you could add laser or something like that as a upgrade also maybe make it move much faster at like 10.000 otheret hen that this is really good i hope you become a advance modded like me some day i am on my way to becoming an expert :D

Meh. Then it would lose it's appeal. I'd like it to remain the same in appearance, but do more things. Maybe I could get it to have a small laser in place of the radar. That would work. :af:

Well, now the Tunnel Scout's useless, unless it has something new too. Maybe the Hover Scout should still be incapable of crossing lava, thus requiring the Tunnel Scout for missions that force you to do so (not that there is one in the stock game yet...)?

The Brigadier

Well, now the Tunnel Scout's useless, unless it has something new too. Maybe the Hover Scout should still be incapable of crossing lava, thus requiring the Tunnel Scout for missions that force you to do so (not that there is one in the stock game yet...)?

The noise of the Tunnel Scout annoys me. Good riddance. It's slow, expensive and annoying. :P

Besides, the Hover Scout looks really cool, so I made it cool. :lol:

The Brigadier

"modding expert" as far is i know you can only mod the .cfg in things like change true or false or play with the numbers...............

Yeah. CFG modding is some really basic stuff. LOL

The Brigadier

not really it can get very complicated if you know what i mean so yo need to be careful :P;)

Not really. Just remember to put underscores when needed, and any data that you modify is in the same form as before.

not really it can get very complicated if you know what i mean so yo need to be careful :P;)

Not really. Just remember to put underscores when needed, and any data that you modify is in the same form as before.

ROFL nope for example adding new levels to building or rock raiders/adding new creatures is not easy in fact it a lot of works to do so not everything you do in the CFG will be total cake walk :P sorry :)

The Brigadier

ROFL nope for example adding new levels to building or rock raiders/adding new creatures is not easy in fact it a lot of works to do so not everything you do in the CFG will be total cake walk :P sorry :)

In the context of this topic, I was referring to general gameplay modifications, such as speeds, text, and capability of units e.g. drilling speeds, what they can cross etc. At no point did I make any kind of reference to adding/removing levels/buildings etc. on this topic, or in any of our past discussions. -.-

In the context of this topic, I was referring to general gameplay modifications, such as speeds, text, and capability of units e.g. drilling speeds, what they can cross etc. At no point did I make any kind of reference to adding/removing levels/buildings etc. on this topic, or in any of our past discussions. -.-

oh yeah i know you did not make any point in doing the buildings / creatures etc. but if you ever was to you really need to be careful other wise you could mess your game up bad i did that a lot before i got very good at it and also yeah changing the text and speeds/ drilling times of anything is way to easy and is a total cake walk :lol: any ways i better make some more videos on how to mod the game :P and by levels to rock raiders i was referring to the upgrade Levels for the raiders to the game. adding new playable levels is pretty easy and can be intimidate / advance depending on what kind of level you want to make :D PS oh yeah there is is also goal scripting that can be a pain in the butt but i am getting better at slowly :P but studding the nrn/nrm files is a good step to start at it as well :)

If you call that hard ...then you're not anywhere near to being an "advanced" modder. If you know what you're doing, it's easy.

On topic:

I see you added extra lights to it. Does it really need that many...?

If you call that hard ...then you're not anywhere near to being an "advanced" modder. If you know what you're doing, it's easy.

see you added extra lights to it. Does it really need that many...?

Off Topic : yes it is very easy for me because i know what i am doing but it can be very hard or not easy for people wanting to start modding ;)

also if you look at my photo amble of random stuff you can see some custom creatures i added believe me it was not hard at all :)

On topic well Ben is right it is indeed the engine up grade :P

It's the engine upgrade. ;P

olol well, I never use the Hover Scout, so I have actually never upgraded the engine on it...

It's the engine upgrade. ;P

olol well, I never use the Hover Scout, so I have actually never upgraded the engine on it...

yeah i have rally used that thing to but i haved raced against vehicles in split down the middle with it :lol:

Off topic: if you say i am not a advance modded then you are wrong i have successfully added a a 26th level to rock raiders by not replacing a training level :D.

Off topic: if you say i am not a advance modded then you are wrong i have successfully added a a 26th level to rock raiders by not replacing a training level :D.

Yay, you did something that I've been doing for over a year now. That must make you "advance modded."

Look, fun. People like Cirevam are advanced modders. CFG edits don't cut it any more, times have changed. You might have been considered an advanced modder on the old forums, but with the progress we've made you're just standard. If you want to be advanced, prove yourself. Otherwise, stop bragging about nothing.

Yay, you did something that I've been doing for over a year now. That must make you "advance modded."

Look, fun. People like Cirevam are advanced modders. CFG edits don't cut it any more, times have changed. You might have been considered an advanced modder on the old forums, but with the progress we've made you're just standard. If you want to be advanced, prove yourself. Otherwise, stop bragging about nothing.

how can i prove my self then by making a advance NPL script or animations :?:

Yes. That's about it.

We have at least one NPL compiler, and programs like Wings3D or Blender (both free) or Milkshape (costs money but not like lightwave) can be used. It's not easy. That's why it's called advanced.

Yes. That's about it.

We have at least one NPL compiler, and programs like Wings3D or Blender (both free) or Milkshape (costs money but not like lightwave) can be used. It's not easy. That's why it's called advanced.

yep that all makes sense now i have been working with the NPL some last night on my brand new level and i made monster attack based on crystals that you collecte not to hard but now if i could do a slim slug set up based on crystal or ore etc like back to basics has then that would be great. any ways what kind of script do you think would be good for a advance modded.

Also did you think Ben made the hover scout useful that's so we can get back on topic.

Well, then you're better with NPLs than I am. Usually I just don't give a crap. I'm too used to hex-editing crystal collection to do stuff with the others.

ALSO

hover scout useful that's so we can

that's

that's

Wait, didn't you just say

i do not have apostrophe on my key board so i have use a common >>i do not know the difference between the both of them<<

So now you're just blatantly lieing. :|

Well, then you're better with NPLs than I am. Usually I just don't give a crap. I'm too used to hex-editing crystal collection to do stuff with the others.

ALSO

hover scout useful that's so we can

that's

that's

Wait, didn't you just say

i do not have apostrophe on my key board so i have use a common >>i do not know the difference between the both of them<<

So now you're just blatantly lieing. :|

However, I now got Microsoft office word 2007 so now i can copy my posts and fix my grammar and spieling mistakes: D

Also I do not edit the NPL, s manually I copy the contents of the nrn/nrm files past them in the npl scripter and then edit them and do it that way. by making a new npl file for them.

How can you NOT HAVE an apostrophe on your keyboard? EVERY keyboard has one. -.-

Well I do not know what a apostrophe looks like :| .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.