Save Games Deleted?

LegoEssence

Yesterday, my game crashed, and I figured I'd restart it in Win98 compatibility mode. Now when I load up the game, all saves are gone?

P.S: I also copied all AVI files from the CD to my install directory, otherwise they wouldn't play. I am using Windows 7.

It does run on Win7. I'm not exactly sure, but at one point during my modding career my save files would constantly get wiped. Now they're fine but I still play with -testlevels on because it's annoying when you lose your progress like that. -testlevels unlocks all levels so using that is a good workaround... but you probably already knew that. In fact, I know you do! So why am I telling you?

Well, it gets weirder. When I run it without Win98 compatibility mode, the saves are there. With Win98 mode, they're not. Without it the game crashes way too often though, so I kinda want to somehow circumvent this. Any idea what might be causing this issue?

Make a save and search for it with Windows Explorer (the My Computer thing for those who don't know). When you find the new save file's location, drop the old saves there. You may want to back up that saves you have before you do though and LRR may raise an exception when you try this.

Addictgamer

Well, it gets weirder. When I run it without Win98 compatibility mode, the saves are there. With Win98 mode, they're not. Without it the game crashes way too often though, so I kinda want to somehow circumvent this. Any idea what might be causing this issue?

Sorry, a bit late.

This reminded me of how windows 7 uses the my games folder in your documents folder. Running it in compatibility modes might tell it to look from there to your RR directory or vice versa.

So, what you can try is moving your RR directory to somewhere you own, or owning your RR directory. The problem with the latter is windows is a bit finicky when it comes to owning folders in program files. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.