What In A Legorr Mod Can Cause The Game To Crash/glitch?

IceHusky

I need all the experience you have, for I am making a script that checks all of the files in a directory (mod source directory) for any lines of code or resources that could make the game do weird things.

Your help is much appreciated, and I will pay you back with a good, thorough script.

I was actually going to attempt this once, but my lack of programming ability hindered me. Thank you for attempting.

I know that if a file is referenced in the .cfg but doesn't exist, the game will crash. If there is no Camera in an .ol file, the game will crash. Spelling errors will cause the game to crash. I have more, but I have to go...I'll list them all when I get back.

I've found that the game crashes when:

- an invalid or missing texture is loaded by some LWO during the main loading screen.

- an invalid or missing LWO file is loaded by some LWS during the main loading screen.

- an invalid LWS is loaded by some object during gameplay.

- any part of the CFG is not well-formed, including links to LWO, LWS, and image files.

- any part of an AE is not well-formed, including links to UpgradeTypes in the CFG and nulls in used LWS files.

- a vehicle is deposited into a Tool Store or Power Station.

I'm not sure if the game always crashes if it's missing an LWS. I think the object reverts to the last valid animation used or the Stand animation (I've seen this with raiders driving vehicles), but the other day I had the game crash because I didn't save an animation I was working on. It was the only animation for that object so it had no default case to fall back on, but it might be best to assume it will crash in this case.

(Cirevam,) How many times have we tried to mount things on things that were never intended to me mounted upon, and how many times has that worked?

A h

(Cirevam,) How many times have we tried to mount things on things that were never intended to me mounted upon, and how many times has that worked?

Eh, quite a few.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.