Attempting To Extract Sound Effects.

Vezon

New member here, and I'm trying to figure out how to extract sound effects from Lego Island and Lego Racers 1.

Lego Island seems to use .dta, but those could just be building notes.

Lego Racers 1 appears to store them in .pwb format, once I run the LEGO.jam extractor, but I can't seem to get any further. I also notice .tun in the main directory, but can't find any program to open those.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, by the way. :whistle:

For LR1 music, use this tutorial. I don't know if it would work for regular sound effects or not since I haven't looked into it much.

LI modding is practically non-existent since no one has been able to figure out how everything is stored in the SI files. There are a few neat things you can do with debug keys but that's it.

Cirevam' timestamp='1334528250' post='71764']

For LR1 music, use this tutorial. I don't know if it would work for regular sound effects or not since I haven't looked into it much.

Yes, the tutorial will work for regular sfx. In fact, it will work for all files, and they are all the same format. ;)

EDIT: I should probably address Vezon's problem as long as I've posted on this topic.

For LEGO Island, what Cirevam said. I don't own LI, and if I did, I would be looking at the formats.

For LEGO Racers 1, you're as far away from the audio as you could be. PWB files are the power-ups on each track, not audio, by any means. The audio is hidden under two extractions, .TUN and .PCM, the former being the music, the latter being the SFX and voices. The tutorial tells how to mod both, as they are the same format. ;)

Edited by le717

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to extract LEGO Soccer/Football mania music?

Um, it's been uploaded for a while, extracted from the files. It's just DirectMusic format, just like LEGOLAND, LCKK, etc.

Does anyone know how to extract LEGO Soccer/Football mania music?

Um, it's been uploaded for a while, extracted from the files. It's just DirectMusic format, just like LEGOLAND, LCKK, etc.

Thanks, but where are they/how do you do it?

What do I use to import?

EDIT: Sorry, worded that incorrecly, which import option do I use?

The file formats are: .dls, stg, sty, and eid.

Nevermind, I got it!

I was amazed at what I saw, it was like a midi in there, with all the samples!

• 4 months later...

Is DirectMusic Producer the only program that can run/read these files?

There's supposedly a plugin for Winamp that can read them, but I have never been able to get it to work.

• 9 months later...

I am attempting to access the Lego Island 1 voice-clips, can anybody point me in the correct direction because i haven't been able to find them.

Edit: never mind i will just download this dudes you tube video of all the clips

Edit: I will just record them myself with fraps  :af:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.