Moc: Motorised Hovercraft.

apemax

Hello all. This is a motorized hovercraft with three blades on the bottom for lift and one on the back for propulsion. It also has working rudders.

It uses one M motor, one XL motor one battery box, one IR receiver and one IR remote. On with the pictures:

hovercraft_01.jpg

hovercraft_02.jpg

hovercraft_03.jpg

hovercraft_04.jpg

hovercraft_05.jpg

hovercraft_06.jpg

hovercraft_07.jpg

And a video of it working.

And thats it. Hope you liked it.

• Like 2

Dude, that thing is sweet as...you keep building amazing works. Is there no end to your creativity?!

Does this hover over water?

Thanks Extreme. :)

No unfortunately it doesn't hover over water or move. You get a decent draft from the big fan at the back but thats about it.

If you can figure out how to get it to hover and stuff, maybe you can help me out with an RC Hovercraft I'm working on.

It's sweet none the less.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out the mechanics for a LEGO three-servo heli swashplate. I'll post a few screenshots of an LDD model once I figure it out.

Those motors are heavy, and you wouldn't be able to get enough lift/repulsion out of propellers shaped like legos. Still, pretty cool. I bet you could add power steering with a small motor, a gear, and some sort of cam shaft.

If you can figure out how to get it to hover and stuff, maybe you can help me out with an RC Hovercraft I'm working on.

It's sweet none the less.

Also, I'm still trying to figure out the mechanics for a LEGO three-servo heli swashplate. I'll post a few screenshots of an LDD model once I figure it out.

Thanks. :)

Yeah making one that actually hovers would be cool. It would be easier if all the PF stuff wasn't so heavy and if i could make a air tight skirt.

I actually found a LEGO hovercraft that actually hovers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g76YN2T_FDs

I'm not up with helicopter mechanics so what exactly is a "three-servo heli swashplate"?

Those motors are heavy, and you wouldn't be able to get enough lift/repulsion out of propellers shaped like legos. Still, pretty cool. I bet you could add power steering with a small motor, a gear, and some sort of cam shaft.

Thanks. :)

Yes i agree the battery box and XL motor are really to heavy for making it hover.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.