Formula 2150

Phoenyx

Formula 2150 is a racing game I've just started working on. I originally decided to make a bullet hell shooter, but I couldn't come up with a suitable title so I switched over to a racing game.

Formula 2150 will be a racing-sim style game, but instead of regular cars you'll be driving futuristic anti-grav racing machines.

I already know that there is a commercial cleaning solution named Formula 2150, however I doubt the company would care - who would mistake a cleaning solution for a video game?

I don't have too much made so far, so enjoy an incomplete music track and an example gif animation for one of the vehicles.

straight.gif

ftp://97.95.232.155/Music/WIP/New%20Amsterdam.mid

Formula 2150 is a racing game I've just started working on. I originally decided to make a bullet hell shooter, but I couldn't come up with a suitable title so I switched over to a racing game.

Formula 2150 will be a racing-sim style game, but instead of regular cars you'll be driving futuristic anti-grav racing machines.

I already know that there is a commercial cleaning solution named Formula 2150, however I doubt the company would care - who would mistake a cleaning solution for a video game?

I don't have too much made so far, so enjoy an incomplete music track and an example gif animation for one of the vehicles.

straight.gif

ftp://97.95.232.155/Music/WIP/New%20Amsterdam.mid

what language is it written in? i would love to help! :D

It will be written in C++ with the Allegro library.

It will be written in C++ with the Allegro library.

if you need any help, you know how to contact me! :D

You know, you could just call it Formula 2151.

That's my backup plan. Unfortunately, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity another Sci-Fi racing game takes place in 2151.

Sounds exactly like Wipeout 2048.

There's major differences. Wipeout 2048, and the Wipeout series as a whole, is 100% an arcade-style racing game. I'm going the simulator route and allowing for full tuning options, and there won't be any items or boost pads. I will make the tracks somewhat F-Zeroish, because that's what's expected for the genre, but I won't be using gimmicks like explosive traps, lava/acid/damage pads, magnets, ice or boost pads.

Sounds exactly like Wipeout 2048.

There's major differences.

Exactly, his number is bigger than 2048.

Therefore, the internet says it's better.

• 3 weeks later...

I've decided to bump the game up to 3D if I can find the reference and information resources necessary.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.