ctd with modified lego.cfg [win7]

jeroentjuh99

jeroentjuh99

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me. I'm running lrr on win7 ultimate, 32bit.

I extracted the .wad's with Wad Tool, and dumped it into the data folder. Everything runs smoothly.

After I opened lego.cfg, and changed something (the only thing now is BuildingUpgradeCostOre 5 to BuildingUpgradeCostOre 1)

Then I closed Notepad++, and try to run lrr, whith random ctd.

Most of the time when its loading lrr, but sometimes after I finished a level and so on.

Also, the Captain doesn't seem to have audio anymore.Ii didn't change that.

What am i doing wrong??

Thnx if you want to help ;P.

Hey welcome.

So everything worked fine before modifying?

Did you rename the old WAD files so that they are ignored?

Since the crashing is a bit random and isn't every time you load the game, I would suggest trying the WAD method, which instead of putting all the files into the Data folder, you just modify the files inside the extracted LegoRR0/1 folders and rebuild your WAD files.

Some people have had problems with the Data method, but we aren't really sure what causes it.

jeroentjuh99

Hi,

The wad's can't be ignored, because they aren't there (don't worry, always backup your files ;P)

I'll try to make it into wad-files. How do you do that with wad tool? With the funcion make a new wad, and name it lrr0.wad or something (i'll check the names).

Thnx

hey jeroen!

making just a new wad won't help, you need to repack the LRR0 folder (or LRR1) into a .wad again with the same name.

jeroentjuh99

Do i need to repack the folder+data in it, or only the data inside the folder?

if i know that, i think i can get lrr rollin' ;P.

Actually, since you merged the folders into the Data folder, I think you'll just find it easier to re-install the game rather then picking out the certain folders that go back into each WAD.

jeroentjuh99

Yh, maybe it is. I'll search for the disk again.

A lil off-topic question: is there a language patch for LRR? I lost my own disc, and bought an English one (the only one left :()

Anyway, I get the feeling a WAD is almost the same as BSA, so I think I can get it working again. Thanks!!

hmmm... reinstalled, now i only have the .exe's, not the wads or data folder

Edited by jeroentjuh99

EEP! Well, uninstall and try again. Maybe something bugged up just this time. If not, Cyrem made a topic for this exact purpose somewhere.

jeroentjuh99

EEP! Well, uninstall and try again. Maybe something bugged up just this time. If not, Cyrem made a topic for this exact purpose somewhere.

derp, I see that i had to restart my pc (i think) i have the files now, modified it and works! thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.