MOC: Racing Truck

apemax

Hi all. This is my latest MOC, A Racing Truck. It uses 1 PF XL motor for drive, 1 PF M motor for the steering and 1 battery box and 1 IR receiver. It has a working hood, working doors and a fake 4 cylinder engine with super charger. The suspension it uses is similar to the 8110 Unimog but they won't move like pendular suspension. They just go up and down. I only have one U-Joint so i had to improvise with the front suspension/steering. On with the pictures:

rt_18.jpg

rt_02.jpg

rt_01.jpg

rt_03.jpg

rt_03.jpg

rt_04.jpg

rt_14.jpg

rt_08.jpg

rt_10.jpg

rt_09.jpg

Edit: Proof i made it:

rt_19.jpg

And a video of it:

And that it. I hope you liked it. :)

If he submits this, there's no hope for anyone else. This is fantastic. One thing, you should put some real lights on it.

This is truly amazing work and probably one of the best MOC's you've posted. The attention to detail is excellent.

It'd be great if you had a more powerful engine for this, but it works great anyway. if you had all the same colour LEGO it'd look even better.

Sir, you disappoint me. Why isn't this an entry in the comp? Get this amazing thing over there.

I might just do that. Just need to take a picture of it with my user name.

If he submits this, there's no hope for anyone else. This is fantastic. One thing, you should put some real lights on it.

Thanks. Yeah i thought that to but i don't have any of the LEGO Power Functions lights. I do plan on getting some at some point though.

This is truly amazing work and probably one of the best MOC's you've posted. The attention to detail is excellent.

It'd be great if you had a more powerful engine for this, but it works great anyway. if you had all the same colour LEGO it'd look even better.

Thanks. Yeah it would be nice if i could make it go a bit quicker but with the weight of it and the power of the PF XL motor this is as quick as it can go. It would be nice to be able to make LEGO models in all the same colour. :)

Also i would assume it would be ok to enter this into the comp after posting it in here?

Also i would assume it would be ok to enter this into the comp after posting it in here?

Yeah that's fine, just move it over.

Every model you make is huge and fantastic. This is no exception. Is there any hope left for this comp?

Not unless somebody can build something in 1:1 scale. That actually works.

Every model you make is huge and fantastic. This is no exception. Is there any hope left for this comp?

Thanks Lair. :)

I try my best.

Fantastic job on this one; although the color could use a little work like Cyrem said, this is highly detailed and not only looks great, but works great, too.

It's always interesting seeing how LEGO builders implement their own mechanical mechanisms.

Fantastic job on this one; although the color could use a little work like Cyrem said, this is highly detailed and not only looks great, but works great, too.

It's always interesting seeing how LEGO builders implement their own mechanical mechanisms.

Thanks. Yeah i would have done the body all black but i don't have enough black plates.

Very very nice model! Really impressed with your use of technic bricks for the various parts of the truck, it makes it look very realistic!

Very very nice model! Really impressed with your use of technic bricks for the various parts of the truck, it makes it look very realistic!

Thanks RRChief. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.