Where can I find the rock textures?

rrublo

I'm planning on making a replica of RR on Roblox, and I may use the real rock textures. I looked but I couldn't find any image files on the CD or computer. Do they exist as image files easily retrieved? Any help appreciated.

Drill Master

Have you extracted the WAD files from the Rock Raiders Program folder?

To do this you need to download the WAD Recycler

Couldn't you just use materials? Decals don't tile very well due to the way they're saved on ROBLOX's servers. They'll have seams that are the colour of the brick they're on.

lol username

Couldn't you just use materials? Decals don't tile very well due to the way they're saved on ROBLOX's servers. They'll have seams that are the colour of the brick they're on.

Or you could just not use roblox :af:

• Like 3

Or you could just not use roblox :af:

And spend months getting used to another game? All I know is Lua, and I'm good with these types of games.

Thanks Drill Master and antillies. I'll try that. If decals look bad, I may have to resort to materials. Slower computers don't render them though.

durhur

That wasn't a replica of the game, just my first mining game.

What do you mean your game? Stealth Pilot made that game.

durhur

No? I scripted that myself. I spent hours working on it. I even made an account to hold the place while I was scripting it:

http://www.roblox.com/ROBLOX-Space-Rock-Miners-with-Radar-Gui-place?id=21001934

durhur

No? I scripted that myself. I spent hours working on it. I even made an account to hold the place while I was scripting it:

http://www.roblox.com/ROBLOX-Space-Rock-Miners-with-Radar-Gui-place?id=21001934

You might've revamped it severely, but the game is originally Stealth Pilot's. I'm not doubting your scripting skills, believe me (I was a scripter myself, but I left long ago; I'm StephenDsDude).

He doesn't host the place anymore, but I still have a copy of it saved, and others do, too:

http://www.roblox.com/ROBLOX-CLASSICS-Rock-Raiders-place?id=561115

Now tell me those don't look similar. Sure, yours has textures and RR items and stuff, but the wall systems look quite familiar, don't they...

I made the entire place myself. Nothing was from free models or other uncopylocked places. Do not accuse me of stealing, I am capable of producing a functiong place out of nothing.

i am still on roblox may i have it so i can add to it?

i know a LOT of good scripters that coul help me.

There isn't much to add to that. It's just a simple 2D mining game that is scripted inefficiently.

I made the entire place myself. Nothing was from free models or other uncopylocked places. Do not accuse me of stealing, I am capable of producing a functiong place out of nothing.

There isn't much to add to that. It's just a simple 2D mining game that is scripted inefficiently.

I'm not bashing on your ability to produce a game. Trust me on this, I know. And it'd probably be hard to change the original game into your version.

But do the mechanics in the games not work in the same way? Sure, yours has a lot better stuff in it (physical ores, base, upgrades, radar, etc) but the mechanics are the same. You click a rock, you wait. You get ore from it. Repeat.

I'm not bashing on your ability to produce a game. Trust me on this, I know. And it'd probably be hard to change the original game into your version.

But do the mechanics in the games not work in the same way? Sure, yours has a lot better stuff in it (physical ores, base, upgrades, radar, etc) but the mechanics are the same. You click a rock, you wait. You get ore from it. Repeat.

The mechanics don't matter, I did not use his place.

i would still like to examine the scripts in it and add some new stuff.

No, I don't really want to give my place out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.