Crystals Imbedded in Solid Rock Walls

Auditor

I was playing the Back to Basics mission the other day and I thought of strip-mining everything to its border walls, in which I did. I used debug keys on the Solid Rock walls in the other cavern and I found 3 crystals within each. Upon finishing the strip-mining and collecting process, I bagged up to 300+.

Do you think that this is another easter egg DDI has put inside the game?

Retsnom Kcor

It's likely left behind from an earlier version of the map. If they had a dirt wall filled with energy crystals in one spot and moved it, they may have left the crystals there. I'm pretty sure that stuff like this has happened before.

Back to Basics has a really messed up cror map. There are crystals placed in solid rock and lava. I'm thinking that this is a case of "DDI forgot to update one of the map files."

• 1 month later...

I started to do this earlier today, however I'm unsure of a way to prevent the slugs from taking over once I start collecting....

I'd love to just have at it with Back to Basics level, as its extremely massive, and might be fun to free mine in.

Is there a way to disable the slugs without having to mod it in a level map? Can it be done in the WAS/Config File?

I started to do this earlier today, however I'm unsure of a way to prevent the slugs from taking over once I start collecting....

I'd love to just have at it with Back to Basics level, as its extremely massive, and might be fun to free mine in.

Is there a way to disable the slugs without having to mod it in a level map? Can it be done in the WAS/Config File?

This is not related to the topic close enough. It would be better to make your own post. But unfortunately, not really. You'd have to either change the NPL (which would mess up the 45 crystal objective) or the DUGG (which would mess up hidden caverns).

You could fudge it by defining the Slug for the level to be a TinyRM or TinyIM. They'll still spawn as much as slugs would but they can't do anything. Just put this line into the CFG entry for Back to Basics:

Slug	 TinyRM

Hmmm, thats a great Idea, and it actually works, Mostly. After a certain number, they just start appearing normally, with they're pesky abilities. That is, until I just cheated and disabled they're ability to drain power. xD

Now I'm working to raise the Crystal quota, because just by mining east, (Chrome Crusher is so awesome....) I was collecting well over 45, had about 10 on the ground, and 15 in Vehicles.

Also,

This is not related to the topic close enough. It would be better to make your own post.

My apoligies for not realizing this, I will try to direct future items to new posts if necessary.

Many Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This is not related to the topic close enough. It would be better to make your own post. But unfortunately, not really. You'd have to either change the NPL (which would mess up the 45 crystal objective) or the DUGG (which would mess up hidden caverns).

You could fudge it by defining the Slug for the level to be a TinyRM or TinyIM. They'll still spawn as much as slugs would but they can't do anything. Just put this line into the CFG entry for Back to Basics:

Slug	 TinyRM

Just enable NONERPS to prevent them from spawning.

You can turns NERPS back on once you get 45 crystals but that defeats the point of modding a solution for it without diving into scripts. It works, no doubt there, but it's not the fun solution. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.