internet travels

theextractor

My recent travels throughout the internet brought me to a forum, similar to this one, where the people have been working on a super mario level editor.

It's actually a very impressive program that they've come up with. I've been messing around with it. At one point i couldn't figure something out and after looking around the forums for a while i decided to just register and ask the question.

My question was responded to promptly, but i still couldn't get it to work. then the kid who was trying to help me started getting mad and frustrated that i didn't understand since to him it was apparently so obvious.

I did figure it out eventually.

Later, i was having an issue with the world editor, so back to the forums for me. i found a topic where someone had had the same problem i was having, but instead of answering the question, the members started yelling at each other until finally one of them calmed everyone down and they answered the question.

My point in sharing all this, is to express my thanks to all you guys on this site for being, for the most part, helpful and courteous. All this really made me appreciate this site a lot.

If you're a mario fan you should really check this program out, it's really awesome SMBX

and if the member named "bomb-omb" is also a member of this site.... you are now my mortal enemy.

Thank-you theextractor. This actually means a lot to me knowing that this forum is noticeably different to another because it shows that this forum is heading in the right direction or atleast, close to it.

Cheers man.

TheEPICtrainrider

Yea! Forum High five! *high fives everyone on the forum*

Well we all aren't jerks who can't admit they are wrong, or people who have no social skills so they act like snobs on the internet.

And it could be that we aren't a big forum, but a average sized one.

No, he doesn't. It's just that members don't stay here for long if they don't follow the rules, so we only have rule-followers ;D

wow...just wow

if that is how some admins act then I an so happy that Cyrem is nice and goes easy on the rules

No, he doesn't. It's just that members don't stay here for long if they don't follow the rules, so we only have rule-followers ;D

I could be a lot more strict, but I choose to let some stuff fly. I usually give a warning before I take any action, but luckily most of the guys here follow the rules. I don't call people things or try to put them down like Arcalane who seems to have no control.

TheEPICtrainrider

Some people were never meant to be a admin. (like me xD) God help us if he becomes a leader of a nuclear armed nation.

It could be worse. On NerfHaven, people often get banned within hours of their accounts being validated. This is mainly because poor grammar and spelling is a bannable offense there. Oh, and the community will not hesitate to point out something that's crap, but part of this is related to safety.

Regardless, I plan to join that forum over Christmas break. I have a plan to integrate a MaxD2k into a Furyfire.

It could be worse. On NerfHaven, people often get banned within hours of their accounts being validated. This is mainly because poor grammar and spelling is a bannable offense there. Oh, and the community will not hesitate to point out something that's crap, but part of this is related to safety.

Regardless, I plan to join that forum over Christmas break. I have a plan to integrate a MaxD2k into a Furyfire.

It didn't take long to find rude/unhappy members. Examples:

Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

Seriously, just because you own the forum, it doesn't give you the right to threat people like dirt. And since when are using swear words good grammar?

TheEPICtrainrider

My guess these are all people who are n00bs. They can't control themselves and are think they can play leader with there forums and follow under their dictatorial thumb. If they acted like that as president (or whatever your leader is) they would be assassinated. Or put out of office. The power goes to their head and they see that they could do anything they want and everyone has to follow them. They went from democracy to dictatorship, and not the good type of dictatorship. The bad type that starts wars.

Now I have a strange impulse to spam the living... yea... out of those sites.

It didn't take long to find rude/unhappy members. Examples:

Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

Seriously, just because you own the forum, it doesn't give you the right to threat people like dirt. And since when are using swear words good grammar?

-.-

>:(

*rageface*

I read numerous topics and found more and more....

You have 2 warnings. The first time you get warned by having your inbox filled with spam and flaming and swearing-all from the admins.

2nd, banned for 9999 days (Just over 27 years).

And the admins enjoy it and prefer banning people to letting them in.

In fact they made a hobby out of it.

They also say there is NOT freedom of speech and they will be judged by their posts, and they constantly cut their post count down just for fun. They swear and flame at other members just for fun, and if it drives them off they laugh and say "Well, we sure are cleaning the weak and stupid out of our HAVEN, aren't we?", some haven...

I feel like joining just so I can comfront them on their wrongdoings... I should just go to all library computers and re-register again and again to prove a point. I won't, but I want to. Who do they think they are?

I can go on, but I wont.

EDIT: Read this in the rules

If you repeatedly troll or spam on this forum I will personally ensure that your Internet access is terminated within two (2) working days.

-.- So they are hacking and/or telling internets to disable others? They said they can do anything short of law breaking, and that most definataly is destruction of private propety. They are setting themselves up for a nice mess of trouble aren't they?

TheEPICtrainrider

EDIT: Read this in the rules

If you repeatedly troll or spam on this forum I will personally ensure that your Internet access is terminated within two (2) working days.

-.- So they are hacking and/or telling internets to disable others? They said they can do anything short of law breaking, and that most definataly is destruction of private propety. They are setting themselves up for a nice mess of trouble aren't they?

Well, You can sue them if they hack you, and I think that telling the internet service to disconnect you is something like destruction of name (also sue able... in the U.S.) All they can slap you with is a disturbing and heart ace thing. (and to think I want to be a lawyer xD) Sorry I don't know the terms but I remember my teacher saying something about it

Ether way, I say we just stay off these sites. The admins are jerks, the members are wimps, and they all are [censor] muffins for brains [censor] who kills the caterpillar before it can become the butterfly.

Ether way, I say we just stay off these sites. The admins are jerks, the members are wimps, and they all are [censor] muffins for brains [censor] who kills the caterpillar before it can become the butterfly.

ROFL!!!!

Im going to laugh so hard when a kid trolls them and the parents sue them for destroying their internet...

Btw, A post like the one I just made, using ROFL and BTW would get my PM filled with flaming.

What makes you guys any better by going "neener neener we're better than you" behind their backs? I agree that they're pretty harsh, but I see so many members that don't follow the simplest of rules that you have to wonder if the admin's/moderators' actions are at least somewhat justified. In the Modification/paintjob topic, the topic's subtitle clearly states to post pictures ONLY, yet people still post pages worth of comments without pictures that end up getting deleted because they couldn't read. They're lenient in that some text is allowed if there are pictures, but a one-month ban for posting "Ranges?" in that topic is understandable. Harsh? You bet. Fair? Well, the topic clearly states that it's a picture-only topic, and there are several reminders interspersed throughout the topic reminding people to take their conversations to PMs. In this case, it's common sense, and I'd say a one-month ban is harsh but fair. Besides, if you get banned (but not IP-banned), then you can just clear your cache and lurk the board.

The 9999 day ban is another way of saying "permabanned." Don't make a big deal out of it. Every forum can permaban, these guys just make a joke out of it. Basically, if you don't want to make your life miserable, follow the rules, don't post like an AOL user, don't bump month-old threads, and don't insult people too much. Just be courteous. Look at how VACC responds to L3G10N's handling of a range argument. L3G10N handled it calmly, stated what he thought without insulting another's opinion, and even apologized: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18048&st=15

I know one good thing doesn't correct 500,000 bad things, but understand their perspective. The admin and most of the mods are adults (some are 30+) that don't want to babysit a bunch of 15-year olds. Here on LRR, some of our mods ARE 15-year olds, correct me if I'm wrong, and I don't think any of the users are of legal drinking age (under US law). We understand each other better because the age gap isn't as great here as it is on NerfHaven. NH is full of grumpy old men that engineer toy guns into foam-slinging monsters and spend a fair amount of time and money on that. Therefore it's SRS BZNS.

No I'm not defending NH's actions, I'm looking at it from their perspective, which is something people don't often do.

If I was on a forum that acted like that then I would see if there are any internet laws that I can use on my side

or

I would just spam the site crazy like and then never go back on

I would just spam the site crazy like and then never go back on

Which would justify them banning you on-sight. Gosh, think of it like a professional conference or meeting (horrible analogy, but go with me on this). If you act unprofessionally in such a setting, you're going to be frowned upon. If you keep it up, you may be asked to leave. If you spam like crazy [sic] you will most certainly be THROWN out. Get it?

you have to wonder if the admin's/moderators' actions are at least somewhat justified

You cannot justify verbally abusing another person. Do the police verbally abuse a person when they are arrested for murder? No. People think that by reacting with hurtful words they will lower the other person and make themselves feel better (e.g "hah I told him"), they are wrong. Doing this (in most cases) causes a reaction from the other person, more words thrown and even makes both in the argument more aggressive. It is amazing that these 30 year olds (as you said) have no control over their speech. Who really is the 15 year old? No maturity is shown by the way they have reacted to most problems.

TheEPICtrainrider

You cannot justify verbally abusing another person. Do the police verbally abuse a person when they are arrested for murder? No. People think that by reacting with hurtful words they will lower the other person and make themselves feel better (e.g "hah I told him"), they are wrong. Doing this (in most cases) causes a reaction from the other person, more words thrown and even makes both in the argument more aggressive. It is amazing that these 30 year olds (as you said) have no control over their speech. Who really is the 15 year old? No maturity is shown by the way they have reacted to most problems.

A girl once killed herself from cyber bullying. The mother of the girls rival for a sports team, was the bully. A mother was a cyber bully and the girl who was being bullyed hung herself.

Always be care full what you say for the other person could already have a gun to their head. (metaphorically)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.