Have you seen this brick?

Alcom Isst

In a recent robotic creation of mine, I have come across an anatomical problem that can only be solved by one brick.

Possibly this brick:

zdKjP.png

I've seen and even used this brick in LEGO Digital Designer. It is a reversed 2x2 angle plate, part#: 99207. While it appears in LDD, Peeron has no record of it, and Bricklink has a few thousand for sale in one color: Light Bluish Gray. So what's up with this brick, why is it only in one color, what set is it in, and will LEGO ever release it in less annoying colors*?

*I just realized that Light Bluish Gray is another term for Medium Stone Gray, LEGO's current stock medium gray.

Drill Master

I've had the same problem. I'm trying to make a scaled and detailed Halo ring on LDD, I built a prototype and went to LEGO's own Pick A Brick and a certain piece I needed didn't come up... I forgot which piece it was though...

I've never seen it my self.

Light bluish gray, huh? Hm...

I decided to look it up.

From http://en.bricker.ru/parts/99207/

6869 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle 2012 6

9448 9448 Samurai Mech 2012 3

9464 9464 Vampire Hearse 2012 2

9498 9498 Saesee Tiin’s Starfighter 2012 4

9500 9500 Fury Class Interceptor 2012 2

There are five sets total that have component 99207. The Quinjet Aerial Battle is from Lego Marvel Superheros, and I know nothing about this set. The Samurai Mech is a Ninjago set and again I never heard of it. It's either brand-new or unreleased.

The Vampire Hearse is from the apparently new Monster Fighters line.

The last two are from Lego Star Wars, the first being a Clone Wars set and the second being Extended Universe.

I think they are also in the Ultimate Collector's Star Destroyer (the big 32" long display model), though I'm probably wrong.

Overall, these parts are used in low quantities in only a few sets, so I believe they're quite rare. Your best bet is, if you want them, buying from bricklink as they are not reliably available in large quantities in sets.

Edit: By any chance are you working on a LEGO battlebot? You'll have trouble keeping those on the chassis.

• Like 3

I have a few bricks that this seems to be a variation of. It's the same except the base is 2x2 instead of 2x1, the corners aren't rounded, it has a hole in between the four studs, and I think it's the normal shade of blue. They're really old pieces, and they might be easier to find, if you can deal with the size change.

Edit: By any chance are you working on a LEGO battlebot? You'll have trouble keeping those on the chassis.

Nah. I'm working on a project to mimic the building style of Sugegasa. I only need 4, so I'll just buy 9498 Saesee Tiin’s Starfighter. I could also use some Earth Green bricks to derp around with.

I have a few bricks that this seems to be a variation of. It's the same except the base is 2x2 instead of 2x1, the corners aren't rounded, it has a hole in between the four studs, and I think it's the normal shade of blue. They're really old pieces, and they might be easier to find, if you can deal with the size change.

Can't. I'm operating in tight S.N.O.T building conditions, so I can't make substitutions without major changes. Coincidentally, I have already used 3 of those exact bricks in this creation. I have several of them.

Fluffy Cupcake

I have a few bricks that this seems to be a variation of. It's the same except the base is 2x2 instead of 2x1, the corners aren't rounded, it has a hole in between the four studs

Pretty much the same here.

Actually after completing my creation I do not believe I need this piece anymore. Nice to know how to get it though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.