LEGO My Style Demos

le717

If you thought LEGO Friends was bad, you haven't seen these.

LEGO My Style - Kindergarten Demo

LEGO My Style - Preschool Demo

Some interesting notes:

*The .wav files in both of them are 22050 Hz IMA ADPCM WAV audio, and that can be duplicated by the "Export RAW Audio" function in Audacity.

*The .scn and .nog files are plain text and can be opened in Notepad++ (or Notepad for that matter).

*The TGA files are plain Targa files, and can be viewed (along with their purple transparent background) in XnView (You may be thinking they are BMP files from the purple, but ffmpeg says they are indeed TGA).

*The .SPR and .BG files are the only files not viewable in Windows or something on this computer, but they are Sprite sheets and background files (as noted by the folders each one is located in).

Modding may be possible for these games (if that was ever to be explored e342175.png).

Thank you! Watching these videos has given me the urge to kill a small, helpless animal! Especially that stupid horI WONDER WHERE X HAS BEEN LATELY? I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM AROUND

It's on my LEGO Software 2001 Demo CD, but since there are so many, IDK if the one on Tronec is the one I have or if it has the games on it.

http://tronec.org/bm...ds/LEGOdemo.zip

Try that CD, and if it's not on there, I'll try to get you a download link. ;)

That's the disc I have. It came with LEGOLAND. Guess I never looked around it much.

Which makes me curious: what other demo discs for LEGO do we have? I've not kept track of that.

It's on my LEGO Software 2001 Demo CD, but since there are so many, IDK if the one on Tronec is the one I have or if it has the games on it.

http://tronec.org/bmp/files/LEGO/cds/LEGOdemo.zip

I can confirm that demo DC has these demos (I'm the one who submitted that CD to them in the first place :P ).

http://tronec.org/bm...ds/LEGOdemo.zip

That's the disc I have. It came with LEGOLAND. Guess I never looked around it much.

Which makes me curious: what other demo discs for LEGO do we have? I've not kept track of that.

bartvbl sent me ISOs for two other demo discs quite a while ago, so at least three. Plus other different demo CDs; PeabodySam once had a LI2 advertisement disc thing that had a trailer for the game on it (with, from what he described, used beta footage of the game), and there's a LEGO Sports CD I'm trying to track down that has Drome Racers and Island Xtreme Stunts trailers on it, also with beta footage.

Also:

"OH LOOK AT ALL THOSE BALLS"

I can confirm that demo DC has these demos (I'm the one who submitted that CD to them in the first place :P ).

bartvbl sent me ISOs for two other demo discs quite a while ago, so at least three. Plus other different demo CDs; PeabodySam once had a LI2 advertisement disc thing that had a trailer for the game on it (with, from what he described, used beta footage of the game), and there's a LEGO Sports CD I'm trying to track down that has Drome Racers and Island Xtreme Stunts trailers on it, also with beta footage.

Also:

"OH LOOK AT ALL THOSE BALLS"

So is that CD on Tronec the same one we have (the white one with ISX as the demo serial number), or a different one?

Yea, faily recorder will do that. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I went shopping for my sisters present the other day. An entire isle was dedicated to LEGO Friends in Target.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA

I went shopping for my sisters present the other day. An entire isle was dedicated to LEGO Friends in Target.

I think you've posted in the wrong topic.

I was going to come back and say this, but I thought "f*** it, what's been done has been done."

Blame the teacups.

• 1 month later...

I have never seen those games, but lego Mystyle was advertised in this little booklet which came with some version of either RR, Racers 1, or Loco. I think there was a game advertised in there....

EDIT: NO NO NO, IM SORRY, THAT WAS LEGO FRIENDS. My bad. At least for my copy of the game.

There was an advertisement for LEGO Friends in a box-promo slip in the 1999 release of LEGO Racers. I've scanned that already and hosted it on my Brickshelf (I've also linked it on the LEGO Friends topic). I've never heard of an advertisement for LEGO MyStyle, however.

• 6 months later...
Cloudstrife987

Oh yes,i remember these.I got them at the library once a long time ago around 2002.

And

IT SUCKED

I remember the disc also had a lego island demo on it,but i ran into problems,when i tried to move it just jittered around and it wouldn't go,I remember when i started the game i was at the gas station and it triggered that scene with that cowgirl talking about how shes a nervous wrench.lol

lol username

I remember the disc also had a lego island demo on it,but i ran into problems,when i tried to move it just jittered around and it wouldn't go,I remember when i started the game i was at the gas station and it triggered that scene with that cowgirl talking about how shes a nervous wrench.lol

Whoa whoa whoa wait what. A demo of LEGO Island? Do tell more!

Oh yes,i remember these.I got them at the library once a long time ago around 2002.

And

IT SUCKED

This had better not be a troll, otherwise there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth for faking a LEGO Island Demo...

Brickulator

I've had loads of LEGO demo CDs over the years but I've never seen any sign of a LI1 demo, even on discs with the MyStyle demos D:

• 2 weeks later...
Cloudstrife987

This had better not be a troll, otherwise there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth for faking a LEGO Island Demo...

I'm not a troll,It was a real Lego island 1 demo,I remember i got it at the library,it also had mystyle kindergarten and i think it had lego loco but im not 100% sure about that,But i am sure there was a lego island demo,It started out at the gas station after the lego media logo,i could move the camera but i couldn't move,i was about 8 years old at the time so i didn't know how rare it could be,and 8 year old me took it back to the library and said it was broken,recently i tried to track down the demo disc but my library got rid of most of there pre-lego star wars games :(

I'm not a troll,It was a real Lego island 1 demo,I remember i got it at the library,it also had mystyle kindergarten and i think it had lego loco but im not 100% sure about that,But i am sure there was a lego island demo,It started out at the gas station after the lego media logo,i could move the camera but i couldn't move,i was about 8 years old at the time so i didn't know how rare it could be,and 8 year old me took it back to the library and said it was broken,recently i tried to track down the demo disc but my library got rid of most of there pre-lego star wars games :(

Woah. Frick.

a Lego Loco demo?! DID IT HAVE BRIDGES?!

THE GAME'S AFOOT!

holmes-big.gif

lol username

Woah. Frick.

a Lego Loco demo?! DID IT HAVE BRIDGES?!

THE GAME'S AFOOT!

We've known about the Loco demo for ages... It's nothing special, it's just the normal game with a limited selection of pieces and the text "LEGO LOCO DEMO" or something like that in one corner. It's the LEGO Island demo that's news.
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.