PS1 Logos, Intro and Outro

mumboking

Fluffy Cupcake

The tune of the credits music somewhat reminds me of the bonus game music from LR2...

Edit: Playing both at the same time sound quite identical at some times.

... Whaaaaaat?

The intro on my PS1 game uses the same music as the PC version, not the alternate music here (which, I might add, was also used in early promotions of the game on LEGO software demo discs). The videos on my version also have awkward fade-ins when they start playing, that most notably cut off the first few notes of the music in the intro, while yours start right away.

Also, my PS1 outro doesn't have credits. It just ends after the party scene, like the PC one. If you want to see the credits, there's an option for them in the main menu, but they're like the PC credits, just scrolling text in the menu itself instead of a pre-rendered video like yours.

And yes, my version is also NTSC. I don't have the physical disc with me at the moment, just an ISO of it (the disc actually belongs to a relative of mine, I haven't seen it in ages), but I do remember checking the case of the game when I last saw it and it said NTSC. The name of the ISO/disc is "SLUS_01246", by the way, what's yours? Sounds like we have different versions of the game. I also noticed in your status that you seemed to be encountering a ton of glitches, while in the multiple times I've played through mine I've never seen anything nearly that severe. I'm also fairly certain I never heard the "Dr. Pepper" joke in mine, but I need to double check that.

Regarding the credits music, it's interesting, but also very easy to explain. Steve Maloney did the sound effects for LEGO Island 2, and the music for the PS1 version (he took the original music files from Richard Wells and David Punshon, then converted and slightly rewrote them to a format the PS1 could use). However, the PC version doesn't have credits in the outro, they're just part of the main menu, and therefor had no music composed for them. So, it's very likely that Steve Maloney wrote the PS1 credits music himself. Why is that so likely? Because he later went on to do the music for LEGO Racers 2 and probably just recycled the LI2 PS1 credits music melody for the bonus game theme.

It's an mds & mdf file I downloaded from this page (link removed) which has been removed because come on, I know better.

It is also SLUS_01246.

The files "OUTNTSCU.STR", "SLUS_012.46" and "SYSTEM.CNF" on the root of the disc are dated 19th of January 2001.

They aren't the only files that are dated 2001.

The videos on my version also have awkward fade-ins when they start playing, that most notably cut off the first few notes of the music in the intro, while yours start right away.

It seems to do that if played by the console.

EDIT: Darnit, I put the wrong date.

Might want to remove that link before a mod does, as downloads of entire games are off limits here...

Anyway, on my disc, the three files you mentioned are dated January 19th, 2001, instead of January 1st. Most of the other files are from mid to late November 2000, except FMVNTSCU.STR, which is from December 19th, 2000, and PADDING.BIN, which is from February 8th 2001. So yeah, we certainly have different game versions.

EDIT: Um, wait. I just checked your version... I think you got your dates wrong, these are from January 19th as well. The file is different but it was written at the same time.

On 9/10/2012 at 9:23 PM, Segatendo said:

The exact same time, or just date?

All the files are the same date, and almost the same time. I say "almost" because each file is exactly one hour different from its counterpart. 0_o

EDIT A LONG WHILE LATER: Turns out the videos in the OP are from a beta version of the game that somehow ended up on the internet. More info here: 

On 11/09/2012 at 3:31 AM, jamesster said:

On 11/09/2012 at 3:23 AM, Segatendo said:

The exact same time, or just date?

All the files are the same date, and almost the same time. I say "almost" because each file is exactly one hour different from its counterpart. 0_o

I think the hour differences is due to the way our computer handles the time. You'll have the same thing happening with LR1 files for example. (See my 2001 LR1 compared to your 2001 LR1)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.