Sandy Bay Flooded!

Cyrem

The main part of the storm just missed us, but we got caught in the tropical storm-force winds surrounding the main cyclone. The power was out for over an hour, but we have a small commercial-office natural gas-powered generator hooked up to the breaker box (which kinda makes it worse seeing as our appliances and computers were neglected in favor of powering the lights in the basement workshop, which are already rarely in use anyway).

All I know is that it got me off school to give me time to nurse this horrible cold I've caught. Who could have thought a little critter that looks like a bumble ball could cause so many aches and pains? It's like the butterfly effect, only not quite as ridiculous. Otherwise, it's not too bad over 'ere in Pittsburgh. We're too inland for most of these big storms to hit us hard.

I'm only getting the winds and colder air from Sandy. I said on the chat last night that I heard a sound like a gun going off, but couldn't tell exactly what it was. The winds had fallen a tree. Its all good, it was needing to fall anyway. :P

EDIT: When I saw that title, I thought Cyrem had broken GAMEDATA.GTC and created a mod that put Sandy Bay underwater. :P

Who's sandy?

All trolls aside, no I have not been affected and probably will not, because note that I live in Morgan near salt lake, which is surrounded by mountains so any tornado/hurricane would be broken up. And the only way in is through a valley that leads to a highway.

It's still somewhat windy here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Tomorrow should be clear, although I worry about Chicago... This is the first recorded instance of a so-called "hypercane", in this case caused by the merger of multiple smaller storms, and also the first case of a tropical cyclone making its way that far inland without completely breaking up over the Appalachians. Although I kinda want to know what will happen when it reaches Lake Michigan, which is better described as a freshwater inland sea rather than a lake.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.