LDD is crashing and I can't determine why.

Tracker

Recently, I started a new model in LDD. Around the 16.5 k mark, it started crashing whenever I tried to attach something to or hide track. I checked the system memory and there was nothing to be suspicious about there (there was even some memory listed as free). As the last time I hit a wall like this, I saw almost all of system memory being used just prior to the crash, I'm thinking it is a new limitation in LDD itself. I'd attach the file, but I can't because there does not appear to be a way of mounting it directly to the post. And the file upload is broken.

Edit: The uploader can't be reached from the main index for some odd reason.

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/Dark_Plutoshunting_23967.lxf

I have 4 GiB memory and Win 7 64bit and I can load it (but only with low details, because it will crash otherwise). Hiding tracks work and adding new pieces, too.

Maybe you should turn the quality down, because it's too much to handle for your computer.

With the actual settings (lowest details), LDD needs ~1GiB according to the task manager.

The system memory looked fine when I did it, with fine meaning "only two thirds green." I probably need to do something about the detail anyways. The puzzling bit is that one project was able to tie up all of the available memory before crashing. Try adding to the long train carrying the drums with another of the same car.

Task Manager confirms it, 79% for the system memory. If it is related to memory, then it is a built in limitation. One thing that was anomalous was the fact that LDD removed six elements that I could not find in the imported files from poor placement. This leads me to believe that something may have allowed two parts to be in the same place.

I just tried again: Removed a bunch of track, copied and coupled the car I wanted to add, tried to put the track back and it crashes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.