Modding Rock Raider AI?

Medimorpho

Well, after searching through the forums I realized that I hadn't seen anything on modding the Rock Raider AI. Of all the problems to be fixed with this game, has no one really tried to mod the ai?

Well, after searching through the forums I realized that I hadn't seen anything on modding the Rock Raider AI. Of all the problems to be fixed with this game, has no one really tried to mod the ai?

Well, not the AI itself but you can tweak its behaviour somewhat...

But yeah, you should probably wait for someone better to reply, my last mod was a couple of months ago and it was just a simple one so i forgot every thing about modding.

There's too much hard code in the EXE to do any real editing with this. Someone claims to have been able to do something once but never gave any proof.

The AI works like this:

1. Raider checks priorities.
  2. If there's no job in priority 1, it checks 2. (etc...)
  3. Once it's found a job, it paths to it. The raider draws a Bezier curve to a random point in the target tile and walks along that.
  4. Raider preforms task.
  5. Repeat.

This is all hard code and we can't change it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.