Group Colours

mumboking

I think that group name colours should be based on LEGO brick colours.

Current | Suggested

Editors | Editors (Bright Red)

Contributors | Contributors (Flame Yellowish Orange)

Donators | Donators (Light Royal Blue)

Moderator | Moderator (Medium Blue)

Global Moderators | Global Moderators (Bright Green)

Administrators | Administrators (Cool Yellow)

What do you think of this idea?

I don't really like the suggested colors all that much. I like the colors as they are now, except maybe for editors blending into the grey too much. Donators and Green doesn't look as exotic, and Admin sug. doesn't stand out as much (plus you got your contributor colors mixed).

I don't really like the suggested colors all that much. I like the colors as they are now, except maybe for editors blending into the grey too much. Donators and Green doesn't look as exotic, and Admin sug. doesn't stand out as much (plus you got your contributor colors mixed).

I see what you mean, but these are the closest colours to the current ones according to this palette.

If I used bright yellow for admin, it may look too similar to contributor.

Ah, just fixed the contributor colours.

I think all the colours are good as they are. Even the red. End of.

Everyone has their opinions. :)

I see what you mean, but these are the closest colours to the current ones according to this palette.
Then, let's not use that palette? It's not really as interesting as the variations in the colors we have now.

If I used bright yellow for admin, it may look too similar to contributor

It looks different enough to me.

I guess my biggest complaint is when there's a bunch of red usernames on the page at once. It looks nice when there's one or two, but when entire sections of the page are red it's kinda, well, shocking I guess.

At one time I also had an issue with the orange usernames back when both donators and non-donator contributors were lumped together under contributor. There were just so many of them that it was a bit bright for the dark background.

This post is intended to be self-deminstrating

They're probably a little jealous of all the pretty colour ;P

I guess my biggest complaint is when there's a bunch of red usernames on the page at once. It looks nice when there's one or two, but when entire sections of the page are red it's kinda, well, shocking I guess.

To you, maybe, but I don't see it. And there's only 4 Editors, so really it's not that much a problem.

Also I just noticed that not a single post in this topic is by a normal peasant member.

I've noticed that too. My guess is that they're either too nervous to join in a conversation that's currently between the three contributor classes, or we don't have many active non-staff non-contributor members anymore.

To you, maybe, but I don't see it. And there's only 4 Editors, so really it's not that much a problem.

Well, I guess to each his own, but I'd really like to see Cyrem's response to all of this.

I think that all of the main posters (save for a handful who are still active) have a color now. The main non-colored members I kept seeing posts from were Zeph and Extreme, and now they're red. So that's why we didn't see any regular members post here until Rocket.

And thank you Rocket, for posting that idea.

I have removed the petty arguing, please keep to the topic at hand.

We have colours for a reason, that is so you can distinguish the roles from each other.

Why not a brown?

Brown was the color on the old forum, it's sort of associated with rock like grey is. Even though it's not used here, it's still too much of a background color, plus it would literally blend into the background.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.