PWB editor V1.1

Huggles

Currently im working on a editor for PWD files, allowing you to move, add, remove and edit power up blocks.

At the moment the program loads the power up blocks, lists them for you with their "coordinates", allowes you to change their color (White bricks dont work yet!) en save the file again!

The aim is to have them show up in the 3d view, so that you actually see where you place em! The 3D view is initialized and all, but i can't load the maps yet! (I can move around through a 3D world tho)

http://i46.tinypic.c...com/wi3p02.png

At the moment im using a sample 3D terrain! Dont mind the overall layout, it can be changed ( and will be!)

I'll keep you guys up to date in this post!

Ooohhhh, .NET/C#? What are you using for the 3D view?

EDIT: seeing as you're using .NET/C#, I'll see about sending you a copy of my LR1 library code, to make binary file loading/saving easier for you :)

EDIT 2: just remembered; that library code is on my main PC, which I don't have access to for about a week. I'll send it as soon as I'm able :)

.NET/C# + XNA yes :) Using XNA for the 3D view (Actually had a hard time binding the graphicsdevice to my form...)

Was actually abouit to PM you if we should share code :) I got a half working PWD parser, but its far from optimal! Your lib would be much appreciated :)

Can u tell me how you transformed the 4 byte coordinates to a integer? When i do that i get numbers in the millions! (The pic doesn't show the actual number, there are 5 more characters after it!)

Convert it to a float (also known as a Single).

If you get the 4 bytes into a byte[] buffer, you can get the float as BitConverter.ToSingle(buffer, 0);

I just Figured! Thanks! It seems as tho some of them are kind of in the wrong place...

I downloaded .NET reflector which allows me to open your .DLL and view your code :)

UPDATE 8-1-2013

http://tinypic.com/r/1p80ig/6

Managed, with help of Origamiguy his library, to import and display tracks!

For the people with good eyes....the track is flipped

So that explains it! There are somehow two topics about the same thing. Perhaps some staff member could merge this one with the other (or vice versa) so we don't have to keep switching between two topic please?

Yay! You're an awesome person, Huggles. One question: Origamiguy has almost cracked the AI path files (check out his Youtube channel to see how far he has come), do you think you could maybe collaborate with him and incorporate an option that enables you to load RRB files directely into the PWB editor in a future release?

Yay! You're an awesome person, Huggles. One question: Origamiguy has almost cracked the AI path files (check out his Youtube channel to see how far he has come), do you think you could maybe collaborate with him and incorporate an option that enables you to load RRB files directely into the PWB editor in a future release?

Sure, thats possible. I'll contact him.

Can't really find his youtube channel tho :P

That'll be great, thank you. The way it is now, I always have to check for each block seperately if the brick placement matches at least some of the AI's waypoints.

Fluffy Cupcake

Yay, new release! Though next time, instead of creating a new topic for every release, can you just post a post stating it is updated and update the topic title? It would keep it more organized.

Can't really find his youtube channel tho :P
Right here.

I've merged the 1.0 and 1.1 topics together since they didn't have too many posts, but merging topics can get messy with large post counts since everything is organized by post date, so if two topics get new posts at around the same time and you merge... things can get confusing. Just use the 1.2 topic and update that accordingly. This can stay here for posterity.

This topic contains old or outdated information and has been locked. The information in this topic may not be accurate.

You can no longer reply to this topic.