News: Giant LEGO NES Controller

STUDZ

Not really news, but a MOC highlight. Regardless, I think both the gamers and the LEGO nerds will like this one.

lego-nes-controller-1.jpg

Here we have a gigantic Nintendo Entertainment System controller made from LEGO. A guy named Baron von Brunk (Not to be confused with von Barron) built this beast from some untold number of LEGO bricks (von Brunk claims that it's "in the thousands"). He got the idea around Summer 2012 and it took the guy several months to complete.

Now, the question which may be burning in your mind is: "Does the dang thing work???"

YES. It can be plugged in via USB and is fully capable of playing games such as Tetris and Super Mario Bros., though the latter may be a little difficult due to the massive size of the controller.

lego-nes-controller-11.jpg

Also, it turns out that someone offered von Brunk "a couple thousand [uS] dollars or so" for this thing. Now, I don't think the controller is practical in any way, but it makes for a great conversation piece.

As for von Brunk's name, well... It's not his real name. Darn. He was born Julius A. Brunk and he uses that Baron name as an internet moniker. But I'm pretty sure the guy's sideburns are legit.

Von Brunk also did a SMB3 Airship which was featured in Nintendo Power a couple years back (I should know--I read the article), as well as some video game-based TRANSFORMERS and other classic gaming stuff out of LEGO. In fact, just check out his Tumblr page (in the Sources). It's worth a look if you're into classic gaming, TRANSFORMERS, and LEGO.

Well, there we have it. Any comments are welcome!

Sources: http://www.gizmag.com/giant-nes-controller-lego/25931/

http://vonbrunk.tumblr.com/ 

This is not "new" AFAIK.

This was on the Mario News blog I go always.

They posted the video in 1 of january...

Well sorry I was AFK for most of this month. I only found this today.

Sadie Meowsalot

This is not "new" AFAIK.

You know, you could say something about it other than you've already seen it. Something constructive. Moreover, don't you think replying with something like this might make him feel slightly bad after he's taken the time to write about it?

Fluffy Cupcake

This is not "new" AFAIK.

You know, you could say something about it other than you've already seen it. Something constructive.

I always love it when someone says that, because the other person could be doing the same thing! :P

Anyway, I thought I saw this before, but with how new it is I'm probably thinking of something else. Anyway, that is pretty epic!

Sadie Meowsalot

This is not "new" AFAIK.

You know, you could say something about it other than you've already seen it. Something constructive.

I always love it when someone says that, because the other person could be doing the same thing! :P

Unfortunately I rarely have much if anything to say about anything that doesn't revolve around Philosophy or logic in any way. I observe more than I contribute because as it is my knowledge of the subjects discussed here is minimal. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.