[LR1] [SKN] Nyan Cat [MISC]

LUModder

To continue with the Nyan Cat-athon, I decided to make a skin for it.

C5N6Xty.png

Download will be coming soon. Replaces all texutres of Basil The Batlord (Except hat)

Huh, good job, there. Looks kind of creepy, though. Don't get me wrong, you did a good job with what materials were available, but... It's just that the concept of a Nyan Cat that walks like a man is somewhat frightening.

Yay, nice job! It looks great, although I have a couple of suggestions for improvements (constructive, I'm not knocking you :) ):

• Perhaps make BB's hat grey too to create an ear effect. That, or edit the helmet to make the ears smaller (with any luck it's a square that uses transparency).
  • Move the face up a little?
  • Instead of the black outline on the chest, I reckon it would look nicer if the sides and back were coloured either to pink or peach.

Again, great work on the textures.

• Perhaps make BB's hat grey too to create an ear effect. That, or edit the helmet to make the ears smaller (with any luck it's a square that uses transparency).

Was gonna try this morning, but I didn't want to run outta time.

Yea, you need to work on the cat a bit. He is scaring me. ;P

Makes me happy people are using my title tags, they are really helpful.

Speak for yourself. I find these "tags" very annoying, distracting, and spammy. 1: It's makes the topic URL longer than it needs to be. 2: ALL CAPS = yelling, and brackets are hideous on topic titles. 3: The game is LEGO Racers (LR), not LEGO Racers 1 (LR1). LR1 is just a nickname. And since Racers and Rock Raiders (and I think to some extent, Island 2) are the only games that can be skinned, it is unneeded. 4: Topic titles are not indexed as well as actual topic tags. and a few, commonly used tags are much better than ones in the title. 5: Are we categorizing the categorized topics now? We are in the Custom Textures section after all, so SKN is not needed. And MISC? What are the other ones, General, Other, and Random?`

While topic tags can be helpful and work well in some cases, in LR modding, a simple, yet descriptive title, actual, meaningful tags, and proper section placement goes a lot father than topic tags.

O.T.
You have just read one of the multiple strengths of my micro-rant. You will never want to get me on even a mini-rant, much less a full-scale rant. Xiron (Sega) can testify. :P

We used to do this back at Half-Life Improvement Forums, I find it helpful.

And I am not stopping anytime soon so get used to it.

Speak for yourself. I find these "tags" very annoying, distracting, and spammy. 1: It's makes the topic URL longer than it needs to be. 2: ALL CAPS = yelling, and brackets are hideous on topic titles. 3: The game is LEGO Racers (LR), not LEGO Racers 1 (LR1). LR1 is just a nickname. And since Racers and Rock Raiders (and I think to some extent, Island 2) are the only games that can be skinned, it is unneeded. 4: Topic titles are not indexed as well as actual topic tags. and a few, commonly used tags are much better than ones in the title. 5: Are we categorizing the categorized topics now? We are in the Custom Textures section after all, so SKN is not needed. And MISC? What are the other ones, General, Other, and Random?`

While topic tags can be helpful and work well in some cases, in LR modding, a simple, yet descriptive title, actual, meaningful tags, and proper section placement goes a lot father than topic tags.

You are the only one who thinks that. Stop being annoyed at minor things.

1. What's the problem with that? Not like you have to type out the URL.
  2. If you think all caps is yelling still, then you are a baby. Brackets look good because they inform the reader that certain important information (indicated in the brackets) is included.
  3. No, you're wrong. Because of the sequel, people can be very confused if you say LEGO Racers (could mean both games at the same time). The 1 makes it clear which title he is referring to. Skin is referring to the fact this is a skin mod, not another type of mod, so that people who want skin mods will look and people who don't won't.
  4. I disagree, I never have any need to search by topic tags, thanks to Topic Titles with these tags.
  5. It grabs peoples attention on the main page when people aren't going through every single category manually.

The only thing I can agree with you on is the MISC tag was not necessary, both other wise your rant was completely pointless, so go blow down another little pigs house.

ON TOPIC: Not bad, although I find the racer skin quite creepy...

• Like 3

Sadie Meowsalot

Yea, you need to work on the cat a bit. He is scaring me. ;P

Makes me happy people are using my title tags, they are really helpful.

O.T.

You have just read one of the multiple strengths of my micro-rant. You will never want to get me on even a mini-rant, much less a full-scale rant. Xiron (Sega) can testify. :P

To address some of your points: 

1: Maybe, but it also makes it easier to identify the type of mod and which game it's for.

2: Caps in this case isn't equivalent to yelling, as most of these are acronyms and thus capitalization is needed. Also, "brackets are hideous on topic titles" is an opinion, and thus is relative, not an absolute truth like it seems you're implying. 

3: That may be true, but LR or LEGO Racers is a bit generic, and much of the memberbase identify better with LR1 because that's what they've grown accustom to calling it. Also, that might be, but not everyone might necessarily know those are the only games in our library that currently support re-skins. 

4: See #1.

5: Again, refer to point 1.

@OT: Pretentious much?

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.