The River

alan

Hey there!

I created a small map just for fun 

It is called

The River (replaces Rubble Trouble - Level3)

Story (there's actually no story behind that):
You arrive in a small cave not far from the surface. But it is not clear what will happen here. The scanners show high differences in temperature, so be careful of what you do!

Map Objective:
Collect 20 Energy Crystals.

Difficulty:
Easy (well, as I said: Just for fun) 

Hope you like that map! Enjoy it and please tell me if there's something to correct ;)
  • Like 2

Just played this map. The environment was certainly a nice start to the level - I liked the winding river and the varying heights of the map. At first I thought 20 Energy Crystals was a bit low, but then I played through and realised it wasn't a walk in the park ;) I had fun traversing the water with different modes of transport, too. All in all, a good map, well done.

I wasn't sure what to do with all the ore, so went a bit Power Path crazy:

gallery_5738_269_236888.png

• Like 1

Thank you for your review. I liked creating the map. I wanted to add this river and a lava fall in one small comfortable level :)

The heights are a hell to fix in the Map editor because it variates with the nearby ground parts... after about 20 editing times the heights were alright xD

The heights are a hell to fix in the Map editor because it variates with the nearby ground parts... after about 20 editing times the heights were alright xD

Agreed. Because LRR stitches them together, it can take a while to perfect the height. My general rule of thumb when working with the heightmap is to raise and lower in groups of 2x2, rather than single blocks.

I found out that, if you put one part one height level up, then the 'northern', 'western' and 'north-western' (seen in Map Editor) parts are influenced by the levelled part. The southern, eastern and south-eastern parts remain unaffected...

But it's kind of complicated with many different heights in one small area...  8S

• 5 years later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

I finally got around to reviewing this map, and I have to second @JimbobJeffers here.  Not much else to say since he said it already.  

Very nice map; excellent work  @alan.  Heightmaps are the biggest pain in the arse in the map editor, which is why I use GeoTool since it makes it a lot easier to see what gets changed when editing the heightmap.

Edit 3/21/2018: Not sure why I didn't notice before, but there is a stray power path listed on an invalid square in the path map.   Not to mention some items in the cror map are inside solid rock walls that can't be indirectly destroyed.  Other than that the map looks fine.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Updated post

• 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.