Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 7 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Cyrem

Edit 2: Alright, so, the music works, but I'm not interested in getting a custom resolution working right now. However, when I told it to load it up in 640x480, the side panel (with beaming down rock raiders, building buildings, etc) was situated behind the resource counter. What should I do?

Did you change the width/height to 640 & 480 in Cafeteria before applying?

Cyrem, a suggestion for this. With overhauls, would it be possible to make some kind of audio coding system so that we can make specific music play on a specific trigger? So, if Cateria detects an NPL script is passing a certain line (such as GetPoweredCrystals > 10 ? TRUE), we could have scripts for Cafeteria which make it play a certain song? Maybe even then be able to also set conditions for the randomiser when that song is done?

I don't think hooking into npl related events in the memory is as easy as you seem to think.

Cyrem, a suggestion for this. With overhauls, would it be possible to make some kind of audio coding system so that we can make specific music play on a specific trigger? So, if Cateria detects an NPL script is passing a certain line (such as GetPoweredCrystals > 10 ? TRUE), we could have scripts for Cafeteria which make it play a certain song? Maybe even then be able to also set conditions for the randomiser when that song is done?

I don't think hooking into npl related events in the memory is as easy as you seem to think.

Exactly, NPL's are not in plain text so I can't find the script source and even if I could I would not be able to find out what line it is running.

I've had other ideas for triggers though, such as using the built in variables (AddR7 etc) so that different values trigger things.

Edit 2: Alright, so, the music works, but I'm not interested in getting a custom resolution working right now. However, when I told it to load it up in 640x480, the side panel (with beaming down rock raiders, building buildings, etc) was situated behind the resource counter. What should I do?

Did you change the width/height to 640 & 480 in Cafeteria before applying?

I did indeed. Everything else works correctly. You can see it here: http://i.imgur.com/NMQuAJ3.png

Poor sidebar, it's scared  :wimp:

Did you change anything in the Lego.cfg from 640x480 to any other resolution? If yes, maybe you forgot to turn it back to normal...

Exactly, NPL's are not in plain text so I can't find the script source and even if I could I would not be able to find out what line it is running.

I've had other ideas for triggers though, such as using the built in variables (AddR7 etc) so that different values trigger things.

Pardon my possibly dumb question, but this NPL you are talking about, it's the same NPL Ogun (still don't know who he is) wrote a tool for to create new scripts, and the format Addict wrote a tutorial about right? If it is, wouldn't you just need to run the tool, decompile the script, edit it, recompile, and put it in the game (or just write a new script using the original info, edited with the new stuff, then compile it and add to game)?

Pardon my possibly dumb question, but this NPL you are talking about, it's the same NPL Ogun (still don't know who he is) wrote a tool for to create new scripts, and the format Addict wrote a tutorial about right? If it is, wouldn't you just need to run the tool, decompile the script, edit it, recompile, and put it in the game (or just write a new script using the original info, edited with the new stuff, then compile it and add to game)?

Um, we are talking about reading from program memory addresses while the game is running, not file editing.
  • Like 2

Poor sidebar, it's scared  :wimp:

Did you change anything in the Lego.cfg from 640x480 to any other resolution? If yes, maybe you forgot to turn it back to normal...

I never changed anything regarding the .cfg aside from turning the music on. I'll look & see, but this wasn't an issue before Cafeteria started running properly.

• 4 weeks later...

LRR Panels

At this time you will need to move LRR's panels yourself to fit your resolution. Look for a CFG block called "Panels<Your Replaced Resolution> (e.g "Panels1920x1070" ). This is where you will find the positioning of most of the panels in the game. You will not find positions for the Oxygen/Ore Bar, Crystal images or the message panel. The message panel can be moved by increasing the height of it's image. Oxygen/Ore bars cannot be moved at this time, by I am working on a solution. Until then, you can either leave them or delete it's image file to get rid of it.

Hi Cyrem, thank you very much for this stable piece of software!

You specified that the Oxygen and Ore bars cannot be moved at this time, but you were unclear about Crystal Images; is it possible to align Crystal Images properly with the Crystal Side Bar? Additionally, you mentioned that it was possible to move the message panel by increasing the height of it's image; what exactly is the procedure to go about doing this? Is it a lego.cfg modification?

Additionally, you mentioned that it was possible to move the message panel by increasing the height of it's image; what exactly is the procedure to go about doing this?

It's literally making the image bigger. It's a terrible ugly hack, but it's the only way we know how to do it at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

You must extract the wad files.

clap-gif.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, Tracker finally posted something...helpful...

It is not the first time you know.

• 1 month later...

Cafeteria has been updated!

- Supports Windowed Mode (Windows 8 people should be saved now).

- Added some parameter settings.

• 1 month later...

I'm using Windows 8: I launch LRR and then Cafeteria and apply resolution and then press launch LRR, or whatever, but after the loading screen it crashes - why is that? Fullscreen and Windowed. I believe I have edited lego.cfg properly.

I'm using Windows 8: I launch LRR and then Cafeteria and apply resolution and then press launch LRR, or whatever, but after the loading screen it crashes - why is that? Fullscreen and Windowed. I believe I have edited lego.cfg properly.

If it's doing that then you probably haven't. Try again with an unchanged cfg just to see if it runs. If it runs, the UI will be out of position, but you'll know you have something wrong in your cfg.

Just found this game during a clearout last weekend, never knew there was so much interest in this still.  Stellar work so far, I've read a LOT on these forums, your LMS is very slick, and Cafeteria is brilliant.  Since I'm running Win 8, I'm running this as a 1920x1080 window.  I'm at the point where everything's working fine (even got the funky music) but my frames are in the wrong place.

Has anyone got a standard co-ordinate set for 1920x1080 frames? Pretty standard res I'd imagine.  I'm not bothered about the images being stretched or looking ugly, so long as it's in proportion and where it should be on the screen I'll be happy!

Again, this is fantastic work in reviving one of my favourite childhood games, and I'll be watching this forum closely!

Can you add a "Skip Intro Videos" parameter? It'd be helpful while trying to get Cafeteria working properly with Win8.

Delete/move the intro videos?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

When I run the game with cafeteria on 1920 x 1080 everything goes good , execpt when the loader begins to load en when it's finshed llr crashreport pops up and kills te game :(  I am missing something here or ?

I've got the normal game from 1999 when I was 4 , the windowd mode works fine and smooth full screen is laggy and with cafeteria it crashes plz help me :)

Got an gt 750m 2gb nvidia card

i-7

windows 8.

Hi Guys,

When I run the game with cafeteria on 1920 x 1080 everything goes good , execpt when the loader begins to load en when it's finshed llr crashreport pops up and kills te game :(  I am missing something here or ?

I've got the normal game from 1999 when I was 4 , the windowd mode works fine and smooth full screen is laggy and with cafeteria it crashes plz help me :)

Got an gt 750m 2gb nvidia card

i-7

windows 8.

LRR does not run fullscreen in Win8.  That is problem number one.  Number two is that you likely messed up the configuration file somewhere or you are trying to run fullscreen with Cafeteria.

• 3 weeks later...

I can run , but I cant seem to figure out how to move my panels to the right areas. Ive been staring at the .cfg for hours. Ive triend both 1280x800 and 1920x1080 Screens. Reguardless, Nice job =D

• 4 months later...

I can't find my lego.cfg file

What program do you use to extract the wad files? I tried opening the wad files in notepad and replacing 640x480 with 1920x1080 and saving however that crashes the game. Tried finding a wad extractor however none have been able to extract the file.

Thank you for your help

I can't find my lego.cfg file

What program do you use to extract the wad files? I tried opening the wad files in notepad and replacing 640x480 with 1920x1080 and saving however that crashes the game. Tried finding a wad extractor however none have been able to extract the file.

Thank you for your help

Well, the Search Bar is always your friend... (that is, RRU's search bar). But if you now ask me 'Duh, it doesn't accept the term 'wad'' (which it doesn't), then I will save you a little bit of trouble by pointing you to this and this too. I personally prefer the latter.

Oh, and the Wad Tool is even PINNED.

• Cyrem changed the title to Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 3 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.