How To Install Mods?

knowledge1991

knowledge1991

:af: Ok! So I Tumbled over this forum a couple of months ago! And Found my old LegoRR Disc and installed! (w8)

And tried to run it . crappy no sound and 640*480 . 

And have tried to figure out how to install this MODS that are located on this forum. but cant find a topic with instructions on how to 

install them into the WADS. i have never programed anything in my life. just a pc gamer enthusiast! 

So my question to the good people of RRU!

Can you Make/and/or Link To the instructions =)

This Forum Kicks ass! 

Cant wait to play my favorite game again! 

Cheers!

Hey mate, welcome.

Have a read of this topic before you do anything: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/3594-beginners-guide-to-modding-rock-raiders/ . (I recommend DATA method for ease)

Installing maps: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/4469-tutorial-add-a-permanent-custom-map-slot/ and http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/1819-how-to-add-custom-levels-in-game/ will help.

For general file mods like high-poly stuff it's usually just a matter of replacing files with the ones you download. Be sure to follow any instruction that come with the files.

crappy no sound

No sound at all? or just no music?

This Forum Kicks ass!

Yes!... yes it does. /imightbeslighlybiased.

knowledge1991

Hey mate, welcome.

Have a read of this topic before you do anything: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/3594-beginners-guide-to-modding-rock-raiders/ . (I recommend DATA method for ease)

Installing maps: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/4469-tutorial-add-a-permanent-custom-map-slot/ and http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/1819-how-to-add-custom-levels-in-game/ will help.

For general file mods like high-poly stuff it's usually just a matter of replacing files with the ones you download. Be sure to follow any instruction that come with the files.

crappy no sound

No sound at all? or just no music?
>

This Forum Kicks ass!

Yes!... yes it does. /imightbeslighlybiased.

Fixed the no sound problem. now I am trying to get the data method to work. =) and starting the game With the cafeteria =) . but the toturial ends before the data method gets explained . 

Fixed the no sound problem. now I am trying to get the data method to work. =) and starting the game With the cafeteria =) . but the toturial ends before the data method gets explained . 

Oh whoops, I should add that... I thought I had.

Once you extract both WAD files, drag all the files and folders contained in the LegoRR0 folder into the Data folders. Afterwards do the same for the files and folders in the LegoRR1 folder and click 'yes' to any overwrites needed. Then delete those LegoRR0/1 folders and the WAD files(Make sure you have backed these up first).

Test that the game runs, if it does, you've setup the data method. Now you can change any files in the Data folder. The file called 'LEGO.CFG' is one of the main files you'll be editing a lot.

• Like 1

knowledge1991

Once you extract both WAD files, drag all the files and folders contained in the LegoRR0 folder into the Data folders. Afterwards do the same for the files and folders in the LegoRR1 folder and click 'yes' to any overwrites needed. Then delete those LegoRR0/1 folders and the WAD files(Make sure you have backed these up first).

Test that the game runs, if it does, you've setup the data method. Now you can change any files in the Data folder. The file called 'LEGO.CFG' is one of the main files you'll be editing a lot.

okai Data method up and running !

But I cant get the cafeteria to work properly. edited the LEGO.CFG replaced 640x480 with 1920x1080 in every spot in the cfg. trying to run cafeteria and game. i get the loading screen but the loading bar is outside the picture. and when i get to the menu its a litle box in top left corner and its extremely laggy. anny tips? 

=) going to get the cafeteria to work before i mod annything more =)

But I cant get the cafeteria to work properly. edited the LEGO.CFG replaced 640x480 with 1920x1080 in every spot in the cfg. trying to run cafeteria and game. i get the loading screen but the loading bar is outside the picture. and when i get to the menu its a litle box in top left corner and its extremely laggy. anny tips? 

Yep that means it is working. The menus are such have to be manually changed, in-game however, it takes up the entire screen as you would expect. There will need to be new resolution packs made to get the menus to look right at these resolutions. They are still to come as cafeteria is only about a day old.

knowledge1991

Yep that means it is working. The menus are such have to be manually changed, in-game however, it takes up the entire screen as you would expect. There will need to be new resolution packs made to get the menus to look right at these resolutions. They are still to come as cafeteria is only about a day old.

okei =) but now i get legoRR.exe stopped working right after the loading screen. tried a reinstal clean . but the same thing happened again. . 

knowledge1991

Right, so, http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/4079-lms-lrr-modding-system/ is a project I'm working on to eliminate this question. I've just noticed that I never did the code to prime the wads. I'll do that now and maybe clean it up enough for an alpha release.

yoo! 

Yeah I tumbled over that one =) hope to see it finished soon =)

but anny ideas on why the game crash? =)

What have you changed so far?

Maybe you still know it. I would actually recommend to create a list of things you have changed so that you always have an overview for all your mods!

Models crash the game if they don't have textures, they can't find their textures, or they're just plain broken. Which ones are you trying to install and how are you installing them?

The models have textures (as far as I know.) Just about every Hi-poly model out there. For some reason I can replace textures and I can modify the CFG but I can't replace the models.  What's going on? Many of Karsten's mainly. I have proper permissions in the installation directory and I've also compiled the wads using a directory on my desktop and the Hi-poly models still crash the game.

Edit: Also this seems like a good question and answer topic. Perhaps it should be pinned?

knowledge1991

Okei!

When I do a fresh install, the game runs, but in 640x480 and with some weird graphic glitches. The Rockraider loading screen pops up while in game and the cursor gets multiplied all over the screen and it flashes 

When I am using data method and cafeteria. changed my lego.cfg .replaced every 640x480 with 1920x1080. then it crashes right after loading screen .

The Rockraider loading screen pops up while in game and the cursor gets multiplied all over the screen and it flashes 

I guess that is - so far - normal with Cafeteria.

When I am using data method and cafeteria. changed my lego.cfg .replaced every 640x480 with 1920x1080. then it crashes right after loading screen .

Maybe you changed 'too many' 640x480 to 1920x1080. You are not supposed to change those values if they are separated (e.g. there's only 640 and only after some other letters than 'x' the 480 appears) from each other.

When this is not the right solution to fix your problem, please PM me your Lego.cfg or (maybe, if they allow it) someone else 

Together we will get it to work! ;)

knowledge1991

The Rockraider loading screen pops up while in game and the cursor gets multiplied all over the screen and it flashes 

I guess that is - so far - normal with Cafeteria.

>When I am using data method and cafeteria. changed my lego.cfg .replaced every 640x480 with 1920x1080. then it crashes right after loading screen .

Maybe you changed 'too many' 640x480 to 1920x1080. You are not supposed to change those values if they are separated (e.g. there's only 640 and only after some other letters than 'x' the 480 appears) from each other.

When this is not the right solution to fix your problem, please PM me your Lego.cfg or (maybe, if they allow it) someone else 

Together we will get it to work! ;)

will do! =)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.