Game crashes when I add new models

Glisp

Okay so I've tried the data method, I've tried the WADS. I've tried changing my directory's permissions and I've tried doing it from the desktop and I STILL cannot get the models to work. I can replace textures and modify the CFG but I can't seem to replace models. What am I doing wrong? I'm getting overly anxious waiting for a reply in the shoutbox, the other thread I posted in and I wish someone would help me. I want to know what I'm doing wrong.

Karsten's overhaul even crashes when installed. I'm sure I've installed it properly too. So what is wrong? It seems like all of Karsten's models crash the game when I install them. And then there's the High Poly rock monster and rock raiders that's not even working. What am I doing wrong? Please help me resolve this issue.

I'm also having trouble installing the graphicshaul patch because patchman keeps crashing with an error.

Ugh... Read the chat....

1. I have put the models in the specified folders and followed the installation directions when available.

2. it's not a permissions problem because I both modified the data and wads on my desktop and in the installation directory. Same result for both.

3. The data method crashes the game as well.

4. I have tried numerous times to rebuild the WAD and the game still crashes

5. The textures shouldn't be missing because I downloaded them from here. If they are, it's the creators' faults, not mine

6. Patchman doesn't seem to want to work either which is weird since I followed the directions and I get an error and the program closes.

7.I have tried replacing the files multiple times (each time re extracting the wad data from the original Wads and it still didn't work.

8. The game doesn't crash when I add new textures or modify the Cfg. Just when I add in the models from the site here. (which are high poly.)

I don't think I missed anything but if I think of anything I'll just edit this post. But here's the issue I've been having. If anybody knows the solution please let me know. I can't explain it in any more detail because I have really no idea why its happening.

I kinda have the same problem, I don't think it's HP Crystals because that's a CFG edit. It could be HP Raiders... And I am using the Data method.

For me, it seems like any new model I add that replaces old ones crashes the game. tbh, I haven't tried a completely new model add-on (like Lair's Seam monster) but I don't want to take my chances.

You're either doing something completely wrong with the mod installs, your game is set in a different language, or the installer programs are messing up. For the moment, ignore Karsten's model pack, the Graphichaul, and any other that uses an installer file. Go download an independent model (and textures if it comes with any) and shove it into the folder yourself. Better yet, get one of mine that doesn't have any standard textures on it. You can look for topics I've made in the Mods area, look in here, or hunt me down and ask me to send a model that I have tested to you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.