LR: Minifigure Space textures

RobExplorien

RobExplorien

My aim is to recreate as many (old) minifigures in LEGO Racers. Right now I'm focusing on LEGO Space minifigures. This is what I already textured. Textures may look stretched at some times, due to the poses the minifigs take. Note that these textures may not be the final result. You can click on the images to enlarge them.

Classic Space racers

Click to enlarge.

gallery_6631_306_480486.png

Blacktron racer

gallery_6631_306_70928.png

Futuron racers

Click to enlarge.

gallery_6631_306_351300.png

M-Tron racer

gallery_6631_306_16390.png

Space Police racer

gallery_6631_306_27934.png

Blacktron Future Generation racer

gallery_6631_306_67430.png

Space Police II racers

gallery_6631_306_196661.png

Ice Planet 2002 racers (extra)

gallery_6631_306_115014.png

Spyrius racers

gallery_6631_306_7504.png

Unitron racers

gallery_6631_306_106466.png

Exploriens racers

gallery_6631_306_123434.png

Roboforce racers

gallery_6631_306_205727.png

UFO racers

gallery_6631_306_134800.png

Insectoids racers

Click to enlarge.

IwI5OIq.png

Texture Packs

Classic Space Pack (Classic Space)

Alliance Pack (Futuron, M-Tron, Blacktron, Space Police)

Alliance Expansion Pack (Blacktron Future Generation, Space Police II, Ice Planet 2002)

Robotic Pack (Spyrius, Unitron, Exploriens, Roboforce)     

Alien Pack (UFO, Insectoids)

Nice textures! Yes, it's a shame about transparency. I'll have a look through and see if transparency can be added somehow :)

If you can fix the yellow colour, this'd be a great download pack to have.

lol username

The logos are far too high up on the chest, but otherwise this is awesome. Now do Futuron. :P

RobExplorien

If you can fix the yellow colour, this'd be a great download pack to have.

Yes, I'm going to fix it. Assembling a texture pack, that will follow later on, as I want to include some more textures.

The logos are far too high up on the chest, but otherwise this is awesome. Now do Futuron. :P

The logos were a bit of a gamble, not only to make, but also how to place, as I had to figure out how the placement on the torso works in the .BMP files. I'll take that into account, and get back texturing more of the space themed minifigures.

RobExplorien

Revamped the Classic Space racers a bit, and added another custom texture. I'll upload the "Classic Space pack" later.

lol username

Looking at these on an actual computer now, I'm noticing a problem on both the black spaceman and the Blacktron astronaut - the shade of black you're using is absolute black, and it's not allowing any shading to come through. It's like I'm staring into a black hole. Try bumping it up to be a bit lighter (but not too light, you don't want it looking like dark grey... The LU developers did that, it wasn't pretty).

Alcom Isst

Try bumping it up to be a bit lighter (but not too light, you don't want it looking like dark grey... The LU developers did that, it wasn't pretty).

They... they turned my hair grey. :wimp:

RobExplorien

I've updated the textures for the Classic Space racers and the Blacktron racer (fixed black colour, improved logo and adjusted colour). I stumbled upon another problem with the former. I haven't yet figured out how to set transparency in GAMEDATA, so the Classic Space racers aren't 'visorless' during a race at the moment. I already started on the Futuron racers, and am close to completion of the first torso for the Black Futuron astronaut. You may notice that the texture isn't in HD here, but it will look better in-game.

gallery_6631_286_248873.png

Looking good! Just be careful with transparency, when Brickulator used it on a helmet it caused the head to appear transparent too.

RobExplorien

Looking good! Just be careful with transparency, when Brickulator used it on a helmet it caused the head to appear transparent too.

I knew about that one. I experienced it myself too, you know. :P

My apologies, having not seen it on the forum I didn't know how extensively you'd researched this. How will you avoid it?

RobExplorien

My apologies, having not seen it on the forum I didn't know how extensively you'd researched this. How will you avoid it?

No apologies necessary. I don't know either what you do in your spare time. But avoiding it, I don't know how to. I just use the same colour as the helmet for now, and in a race is shouldn't be a problem if the visor were to be set transparent.

RobExplorien

New textures! The Futuron racers came to support the Classic Space racers, and the M-Tron racer couldn't be left behind. He's planning to import magnets into the builder menu, but will they work?

RobExplorien

Added Space Police racer and Blacktron Future Generation racer.

As I said, I'll upload the textures here on RRU, but as uninstalled files. With that I mean, you'd have to install them manually. There are reasons for that. You get the opportunity to overwrite the textures you want to overwrite. And because the 'adding bodyparts/pieces' isn't completely worked out, I rather wait with implementing them in the .JAM archive until we've found a way that enables adding more than just a few new bodyparts/pieces.

RobExplorien

Updates are looking great, will you be releasing these or is this just a screenshots topic?

As I said, I'll upload the textures here on RRU, but as uninstalled files.

So yes, I hope to upload the Classic Space pack today or tomorrow, but I want to be certain of the 'correctness' of the textures first. Additionally, I could use FileDropper as an option, if the textures are not yet completely worked out, but worth sharing.

RobExplorien

I'm very busy at the moment, but I sort of promised to upload at least one texture pack. So here it is, the Classic Space Pack. I uploaded it via FileDropper, because I don't know if these will be the final textures. I may have missed a spot while texturing, but this is just a quick update. Once (completely) done, I'll upload some more textures along with these via the RRU uploader.

• Like 2

RobExplorien

Another update, and I am aware of my triple post.

• Setting transparency for the visors of the Classic Space racers textures in GAMEDATA does not have the desired output (there is no 'face' behind the visor, meaning that you look straight through the helmet). Semi-transparency for the visor isn't a solution to this problem. Modifying the game model for the racers (head) might be a solution.
  • The chestpiece width/height-ratio is inequal to the ratio of 'real-life' LEGO chestpieces. Therefore, details on the game chestpiece may sometimes look different than on the corresponding 'real-life' LEGO chestpiece.
  • Currently working on the Space Police II textures (check topic for the results as of now).
  • Classic Space Pack released. Includes Classic Space racers. Classic Space helmet model and visor transparency not included.
  • Alliance Pack released. Includes Futuron racers, Space Police racer, M-Tron racer and Blacktron racer. 

That is all for now.

RobExplorien

The Alliance Expansion Pack is open to public. It includes textures from the Blacktron Future Generation faction (my third favorite Space theme), the Space Police II forces and the Ice Planet 2002 astronauts. The latter two factions also include new minifigure heads, complete with six different facial expressions each. Also, the Ice Planet 2002 helmet/hat is a little revamped.

• 1 month later...
RobExplorien

Spyrius racers and Unitron racers added. They will make part of the next texture pack, which will include two other space factions as well. For the shiny grey tint for the textures, I used a mixture of three different grey colours placed randomly. The Unitron helmet is annoying to texture, because the pattern gets stretched on the helmet model. I made the design, now to make it 'compatible' with the stretching. I do however have the GAMEDATA helmets ready.

So that's all for now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.