Whatever...

Hobino

... Lets just get done with this fast.

My nickname is Hobino. Sadly, I'm not an owner of any older LEGO games (except for Chess). I'm moslty here to help le717 as a tester for PatchIt. I played MLN, LU. I like Linux.

I thought you would call it Whatsoever. :P

Yea, that's actually why I asked Hop to join. However, I have a feeling you'll "Gree-a A Red Brick, You Stay!" here for a little bit. ;P

Alcom Isst

Hobino... Hobino... Ho... bino. Hobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobinohobino, man that name is fun to say. I barely recognize the name. Welcome.

le717, Addictgamer, jamesster, Alcom1, BobaFett2 and Rob Explorien - thank you all for the welcoming! :)

Also, Addictgamer, good to see a fellow Linux user!

On an other note, I'll be around sometimes, but don't expect too much activity from me. I prefer reading. 

• Like 2

The Ace Railgun

Welcome to RRU! And Alcom is right that is fun to say...it's like the word epileptic epilepilepilepilepilep...

Thank you for the welcome message, Tahmira and McJobless!

What books? :?:

Any genres of novel, can be fiction, adventure, philosophical... (The latest book I finished was Legend by Marie Lu.) However, I also enjoy reading non-fiction books, which I consider a lot more instructive.

Currently, I'm reading The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains (by Nicholas Carr). Too lazy to summarize... (I should really take this book seriously! :P )

“Is Google making us stupid?†When Nicholas Carr posed that question in a celebrated Atlantic Monthly cover story, he tapped into a well of anxiety about how the Internet is changing us. He also crystallized one of the most important debates of our time: As we enjoy the Net’s bounties, are we sacrificing our ability to read and think deeply? Now Carr expands his argument into the most compelling exploration of the Internet’s intellectual and cultural consequences yet published. Weaving insights from philosophy, neuroscience, and history into a rich narrative, The Shallows explains how the Net is rerouting our neural pathways, replacing the subtle mind of the book reader with the distracted mind of the screen watcher. A gripping story of human transformation played out against a backdrop of technological upheaval, The Shallows will forever alter the way we think about media and our minds.

But, as he points out, there are also many benefits from technology such as Internet.

This should more or less answer your question.

And if you have any books suggestions, I would be glad to heard them!

• Like 1

Hello Hobino! Welcome to RRU. You should know me as Sim533. ;)

Oh, hey Sim! I had no idea you were on RRU, nice to see you again.

----------

On an other note, I should start working on a sig.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.