The Great Kanohi Project

Prototyke

Darn. I was hoping I wouldn't double-post. Sorry.

The fixed Komau

PgMWULC.png

The Mahiki

IhvtbBq.png

That finishes the set of Mata Nui Turaga masks, but its late and I'm on vacation so I'll get the collection pic up sometime later.

• Like 3

Hopefully I'll be back on schedule now that I won't be travelling anymore. I have school to contend with but it shouldn't affect these.

I drew the Ignika (or one of them at least). Oddly, it's pretty small compared to the rest.

pKZ0LrC.png

I'm pretty satisfied with the shading, but I'm not sure about all of the shaping of the mask. If you notice anything wrong please say.

it is the Bionicle Stars version of the mask.

Wat?

That was the Glatorian Legends version of the mask.

Excuse my BIONICLE nerdiness. :P

But apart from that, these look great! May I ask what software do you use to make them?

That was the Glatorian Legends version of the mask. Excuse my BIONICLE nerdiness.

So it is. Thanks for letting me know. I fixed the post.

But apart from that, these look great! May I ask what software do you use to make them?

I use Paint.net for the drawing.

And I have made the Mahiki again.

Sgq0dUA.png

Toa Metru version this time instead of Turaga.

I have to say that besides the color and the "ears" I see no resemblance between the two.

Sgq0dUA.pngIhvtbBq.png

I just realized that I haven't posted the finished turaga pic. I'll add that sometime this week to the first post.

• Like 3

I have to say that besides the color and the "ears" I see no resemblance between the two.

Sgq0dUA.pngIhvtbBq.png

I never noticed they had so little resemblance, actually...

And as for

Is it Kraahkan or Kraahkans for the plural?

I wouldn't be sure as there is only one of them in one universe, but I think the plural should be Kraahkan, just like with the other Kanohi (and pretty much any other word in the BIONICLE world, lol).

I present the Toa Komau

stc4CV6.png

I seem to be working in reverse order of the Turaga masks I made. Unfortunately I'm missing three of the Toa Metru masks because the largest shipment I placed on Bricklink never came...

I never noticed they had so little resemblance, actually...

Check out these simalarities

stc4CV6.pngPgMWULC.png

But some of the others are even worse. Only the Huna even kind of looks the same.

Sorry I'm late. I don't have a good excuse this time.

• Like 2

Do you mean the Great Komau?

Technically, yes. But as I presented the noble Komau (and others) as the Turaga Komau (or others) and refered to the the Great Miru, etc. as the Toa Miru, etc., I decided to refer to all of them as toa/turaga/matoran/agori/glatoran/makuta/etc. masks instead of great/noble/other. If you are deeply offended I can refer to them properly in the future or add a disclaimer in the first post, but I'm not going back and editing my previous posts.

And I suppose that was a typo. It was supposed to be Toa's. I probably messed up all of them.

If you are deeply offended I can refer to them properly in the future or add a disclaimer in the first post, but I'm not going back and editing my previous posts.

Oh, it's ok. I'm not really one of those people who see BIONICLE as a cult or anything... yeah... (hides torch and trident)

Only the Huna even kind of looks the same.

What about the Rau?

It barely looks like it. The shape is pretty much the only thing that makes them similar.

• Like 2

I did the Great Huna because I'm running out of this series of masks, so I can't work in reverse order anymore.

guBQVbF.png

I noticed that its coloration made it look remarkably like a cough-drop.

Cough-Huna anyone?

y9xsMgF.png

• 2 weeks later...

Cough-Huna anyone?

y9xsMgF.png

Conceal that cough feeling with Cough-Huna!

Now at a comfortable price tag of only 3 Kanoka!

(We do not accept Biochecks.)

Now at a comfortable price tag of only 3 Kanoka! (We do not accept Biochecks.)

That's a pricey cough drop.

I know that I missed a week or two, but I'll try to catch up sooner or later.

I finished the great Matatu for this week.

eX5eZGW.png

Shading white things is surprisingly hard, but this mask looks much better than the Akaku in my opinion.

I think I got the angles in the bottom correct, but I'm still unsure about those upper "eyes" on the left.

• Like 2

Yep, looks great. :D

Those thingies in the top left corner, they don't appear to stick out much. If you know what I mean.  I think it's because of the fact that they merge in with the white background. Try lining them.

That Great Matatu looks awesome! The shading on the sides makes it look like a 3D model!

Good job!

why am I still using exclamation punctuation!

First, I took your advice Aidenpons and outlined the upper "eyes" more. Sorry it took so long to post the fix, but it does look nicer.

RF0ccnq.png

I dug though my box of masks that I have yet to draw and found the Great Ruru which I didn't think I had. I still don't have the Great Rau, but at least I have 5 of the 6 Metru masks.

The Great Ruru, the mask of Night-vision.

6c3owjl.png

Black masks are really hard to shade. Harder than white masks, but I obviously learned from the Pakari because this one doesn't look too bad.

I'm not sure why he has those spikes on his head. Maybe they're used as a pick once he realizes his chainsaws don't work well on stone.

I'm not sure why he has those spikes on his head. Maybe they're used as a pick once he realizes his chainsaws don't work well on stone.

Always wondered that, too. Maybe just to give him some uniqueness. :P

Didn't have the time to draw a whole new mask, so I took the easy way out and just finished the infected Hau.

7QxbVcd.png

Hope you like it, and if I find time this week the next mask will get posted once it is finished.

• Like 2

Didn't have the time to draw a whole new mask, so I took the easy way out and just finished the infected Hau.

MY DREAM...

IT HAS COME TRUE...

Hope you like it, and if I find time this week the next mask will get posted once it is finished.

Can't wait to see which one is next!

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I'm getting pretty behind in the masks, hopefully I'll be able to catch up some time. I have one done for today, and have started another, but I haven't finished it yet.

I have the yellow Kiril, so that is the one that I made.

VPOkwo7.png

I tried to make the red and black one but the images I was going off of didn't have the right angle with proper lighting, so I don't know how it turned out.

n6Lu6lP.png

Something seems a bit off with them, so let me know if you see something off with these. (Or any masks)

I was planning to make my own version of Guurahk's banners using these pixel masks, but didn't have the time. eh.

• Like 3

I was planning to make my own version of Guurahk's banners using these pixel masks

:D *excited*

but didn't have the time. eh.

Aww. 

Anyhow, they look awesome! I don't see anything off with the masks, personally. 

Ooh ooh I remember that second mask, from one of the movies right? The guy who flies in the big dragon thing yet he's really tiny. I think.

Memories aside, I like the black/red mask very much, nice job.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.