Jimbob

gallery_5738_265_123217.png

After many hours of computer buzzing, whirring and humming, I am able to present to Rock Raiders United the LEGO Rock Raiders Forum Pack. This is a collection of downloads for anyone to use (within reason, of course*). Included are a selection of backgrounds, avatars and forum signatures, made in LEGO Digital Designer, converted with the LDD to POV-Ray Converter and rendered in POV-Ray, using decals from LuxorV on Eurobricks (all credit URLs have been given in the ReadMe's). There is also a collection of mouse cursors taken from the Rock Raiders game, with a couple of animated and customised ones. Finally, I have made a simple screensaver in a variety of resolutions from the LEGO Rock Raiders logo. I enjoyed making these and I hope you get just as much enjoyment out of using them.

Downloads

gallery_5738_293_2531.png

A collection of avatars to use as profile pictures and such.

gallery_5738_293_244.png

Over a dozen 1080p HD backgrounds of the Rock Raiders team in various poses.

gallery_5738_293_266.png

Three simple banners taken from the backgrounds to display in your forum signature.

gallery_5738_293_3117.png

Mouse cursors with Rock Raiders aesthetics, including alternates to give extra choice.

gallery_5738_293_1288.png

A screensaver in which the LEGO Rock Raiders logo floats around the screen. You will need Windows and the latest version of Flash Player to use it.

This pack includes screensavers in a variety of different resolutions**, if yours is not present than post it in this topic and I'll add it in. You can preview the screensaver online here

Enjoy!

*The contents of these download packs are permitted for personal use only, and must not be edited or redistributed. You may however display these online without giving me credit, although credit is always nice!

**Currently supported resolutions are: 1024x600, 1024x768, 1280x720, 1280x1024, 1366x768, 1440x900, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200.

Well, I am interested, but Debian doesn't come with zip and unzip by default...

...just a matter of two command. I can enjoy the wallpaper now.

2l89j0n.jpg

Great work! The renders are nice.

These are fantastic renders. By any change would you release the models (or provide a render with a cave background)? I love the renders, but the white background is something I don't fancy too well.

but Debian doesn't come with zip and unzip by default

$ sudo apt-get install p7zip-full

That should be one if the first things you get with every linux install, along with vlc.  You should know that.  

These are actually quite nice.  I was half expecting overzealous lighting effects with a terribly dark background.  Perhaps I've seen too much of trackers "work".

Car CrazeXVI

Does the cursors work only for Windows? It won't work on my Mac.

A little Google search has found you need this software to change the mouse cursor on a Mac. It is impossible otherwise. (I think)

Let me know if it works or not, my own Mac is in a box somewhere.

These are fantastic renders. By any change would you release the models (or provide a render with a cave background)? I love the renders, but the white background is something I don't fancy too well.

The original renders had a white plane at the base for the shadows, but the rest was transparent. I can upload the models here if you like, or try and PhotoShop out the white areas (although you'd probably do better yourself). I would have liked to have a cave but have been unable to find one, if you have one in mind I'd be more than happy to add it to the renders.

These are actually quite nice.  I was half expecting overzealous lighting effects with a terribly dark background.  Perhaps I've seen too much of trackers "work".

Thank you, although I suppose I should be thanking POV-Ray myself.

That should be one if the first things you get with every linux install, along with vlc.  You should know that.  

Sorry, this is off-topic, but I just want to clarify. I was on a Debian system installed with debootstrap,  so it comes with even less packages than a regular Debian installation (well, at least in my case). Having already an archive manager, I just had to add zip support ($ apt-get install zip unzip). 

The original renders had a white plane at the base for the shadows, but the rest was transparent. I can upload the models here if you like, or try and PhotoShop out the white areas (although you'd probably do better yourself). I would have liked to have a cave but have been unable to find one, if you have one in mind I'd be more than happy to add it to the renders.

I was going to try to throw together a basic cave model like in LRR (a bit enhanced - not flat) with LRR textures at the very least. I don't have one set up yet, but I would like to play around with the models if you don't mind.

I was going to try to throw together a basic cave model like in LRR (a bit enhanced - not flat) with LRR textures at the very least. I don't have one set up yet, but I would like to play around with the models if you don't mind.

Sure, I'll PM them to you. I'd love to see what you do with the cave designs.

A little Google search has found you need this software to change the mouse cursor on a Mac. It is impossible otherwise. (I think)

Well... Now my mouse cursor is on fire and the Rock raiders ones won't work. Help anyone?

• 2 months later...

Update! I've added a simple screensaver in which the LEGO Rock Raiders logo floats around the screen. Unfortunately the program I used to make it from the Flash file I created doesn't support Mac, so this is Windows-only.

You can check out the preview and download the screensaver in the original post. Note that I have included the most common resolutions, but if your screen/monitor resolution is not supported, just post its dimensions here and I'll add it in.

Well... Now my mouse cursor is on fire and the Rock raiders ones won't work. Help anyone?

Apologies that I couldn't help you out, I don't have a Mac myself. As Car CrazeXVI said, you do need a program to change the mouse cursor, but you shouldn't need to convert its format, just take a look around Google. The program that was linked, however, doesn't look like it actually changes the cursor so you'll need to find a different one.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a comment on converting the Windows cursors to Mac, try this:

http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/anifx_portable

I use the IcoFX app from there often, and it allows conversion of Mac .icns to Windows .ico and vise verse, and AniFX was made by the same person, so it should work.

Note: Both apps are now pay-for. Portable Apps has the last free version, and is the only place I know of to get the old version.

• 2 months later...

im interested in this,should the mouse cursor and screen saver work on a windows 98?if so I will burn the files to a cd and get them to my 98(it doesn't have internet conection).

im interested in this,should the mouse cursor and screen saver work on a windows 98?if so I will burn the files to a cd and get them to my 98(it doesn't have internet conection).

I don't know much about 98, but I don't see why not. Although the screensaver installs using a third-party program (don't worry, it's safe, lots of people use it - InstantStorm I think it's called) which may not be compatible. Only one way to find out!

Let me know if you have any requests/suggestions for anything else. :thumbsup:

Well I don't really know Rock Raiders, unfortunately the disc I had broke when I was at the third level. But as this is Rock Raiders United, I think I have to study a bit about LRR :)

Well I don't really know Rock Raiders, unfortunately the disc I had broke when I was at the third level

Usually Rock Raiders can run diskless... it depends on your ICD file size.

Axel's face just looks a little odd... I don't know why...

Otherwise these are just like 'AAAAARGH SO MUCH AWESOMENESS...' :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.