Installation problem

Raider Mania

Raider Mania

Hi I have been having trouble installing Lego rock raiders on Windows because the AUTORUN installer of the game only goes up to 3%. The CD bar is full, and the other bars have nothing in them. I NEED HELP. Please. :axle:

-Update- Ok I have

Processor -AMD Athlom II x4 640 processor 3.00 GHz

RAM- 4.00 GB

windows 7 Home premium

Update           Lego Rock Raiders Setup

An error occurred during the move data process:-106

Component:Program Files

File Group: Program Data Files

File: Lego RRO.Wad

I have given up on mixing Windows 7 and LRR completely.  You can try XP mode, but your system may not have all of the resources to run the VM.  You also have to download the software AND upgrade to Ultimate, Enterprise, or Professional.  The solution I will be trying soon is a VirtualBox VM running Ubuntu with Wine.

Raider Mania

Ah ok so it is almost a lost cause then. If you have any luck with it could you message me. That would be greatly appreciated.

Others have succeeded, but if you still have a working XP license, I suggest getting a VM hypervisor (the software that manages the VMs is called a hypervisor) and making your own XP VM.  Multi-booting works too and allows for full use of the machine, but it involves partitioning your drive, which if done wrong, could wipe the drive and I don't think your are up to the task yet.  Those are your best shots outside of having a working XP-only machine.  As for choice of hypervisor, I know VirtualBox supports use of the physical optical drive as a virtual optical drive.

Tracker... this has nothing to do with Windows 7 compatibility.

Raider Mania, what condition is your disc in? This error is due to a reading/writing issue. It could be that your drive cannot read the file from the disc (most likely) or it cannot create the file or your computer (permissions problem). If running the setup in admin mode results in the same error, it's most likely a problem with reading the disc. I had this same error back in the WinXP days and it was due to the disc.

Raider Mania

The condition is that it has scratches on the disc and i'm getting a brand new version of LRR, and sense the setup only goes up to 3%, the first cut scene shows. Thats all it ever loaded in the setup. 

and i'm getting a brand new version of LRR

I guess this will solve the problem, because it may be that the disk isn't readable for the computer anymore.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.