LegoRR.exe has stopped working after I edited TextureUsage #

CharlieGunz

CharlieGunz

Before I edited the TextureUsage # in the LegoRR1.wad file I could run the game just fine, However it was extremely laggy from the very beginning, the mouse would skip, everything looked constantly visually delayed.

So I did some "googling" and I end up on this website, I've read that I should the TextureUsage # in the LEgoRR1.wad from "3145728" to "9999999" in the notepad, and so I did, and now the game isn't running at all.

I feel like I've missed an extra step since the topic mention to "recompile" and "run" which I can't seem to find on the regular notepad.

Please help me shed some light on this since I would like to play this game.

Ok, I think you've missed a few things.

Before editing Texture Usage, did you first extract LegoRR1.wad using the WAD Tool ?

Secondly, don't use Notepad to edit these files. Use something like PSPad to edit them. TextureUsage will be in the Lego.cfg file (this file is extracted by the tool above)

After you have saved the Lego.cfg file, you can rebuild it using the WAD Tool. However there is a different method of modding called the DATA method which means you don't have to rebuild the WAD.

Read This Topic if you haven't yet also. (It has a video link to the DATA method)

• Like 1

Car CrazeXVI

So I did some "googling" and I end up on this website, I've read that I should the TextureUsage # in the LEgoRR1.wad from "3145728" to "9999999" in the notepad, and so I did, and now the game isn't running at all.

You edited LegoRR1.wad in Notepad? Well, there's your problem. You tried to use a Text Editor when you should have used a Hex Editor.

"Recompile"? Sounds like we're talking about wad extractor/compilers. You should use those. Makes life easier. Although, you don't have to recompile them.

As for run... run program? You know, run LegoRR.exe? It's not a line in the cfg.

As for TextureUsage, I remember Addictgamer saying duplicates of 8 work best.

You edited LegoRR1.wad in Notepad? Notepad is trash for editing hexadecimal.

Fixed.

Secondly, don't use Notepad to edit these files. Use something like PSPad to edit them.

On everything that isn't the CFG, AEs, OLs, and PTLs. Otherwise, notepad is fine.
  • Like 1

CharlieGunz

Ok, I think you've missed a few things.

Before editing Texture Usage, did you first extract LegoRR1.wad using the WAD Tool ?

Secondly, don't use Notepad to edit these files. Use something like PSPad to edit them. TextureUsage will be in the Lego.cfg file (this file is extracted by the tool above)

After you have saved the Lego.cfg file, you can rebuild it using the WAD Tool. However there is a different method of modding called the DATA method which means you don't have to rebuild the WAD.

Read This Topic if you haven't yet also. (It has a video link to the DATA method)

OMG, thank  you, thank you thank you.

Upon further inspection I've realized that this wasn't my problem, it was the fact that I was playing the game in full screen... in windows 8!

Which caused me to lag like hell constantly no matter what.

So what i did to fix this bugger was to follow this guide in making it into window mode:

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/3533-guide-run-rock-raiders-in-windowed-mode/

The only down side is, the screen is rather small, and i can't take advantage of my big screen, however the game looks very fluid, and I'm happy, thanks again!

smalloj.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OH! You should have mentioned it was on Windows 8. I could have told you straight away that this problem occurs for everyone one Win8 so far.

Yeah, the only solution at this time is window mode unfortunately.

OH! You should have mentioned it was on Windows 8. I could have told you straight away that this problem occurs for everyone one Win8 so far.

Yeah, the only solution at this time is window mode unfortunately.

What, Cafeteria doesn't work with Win8?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.