Island Xtreme Stunts - modding/file research topic

Mr. Ash

Why do they only model the bottom holes on the legs?

Because it is much easier to rig a minifigure like that. Boy are you right! I completely forgot about that.

Fluffy Cupcake

You know what the biggest clue as to where is what? The /cd/z##xxx/sounds/ folders. ;P

Btw, I just realized the GrowBig and GrowSmall (for when you change objects), and the clock idle sounds are still there, looks like they didn't get rid of them. Also, by the two unused duck and chicken sounds where the sheep sound is, it might of been possible that you use to be able to hit the chicken and duck with pizza as well. :P

There is also unsed HUD sounds.... so many unused sounds giving ideas about unused things!

Haven't left yet, so I managed to get a close-up of the LEVEL.BMB file:

level.png

It looks like the face textures were too small, which caused them to all be together. This texture seems to be unfinished as Pepper's other faces are all the same as Island 2.

Also, the texture for that scientist with glasses that I showed earlier turns out to be used after all. For some reason, Belinda Blink uses this texture. I think Silicon dreams accidentally swapped her texture with this unnamed scientist.

I used to have that face texture from a dump Cyrem posted.

Just got back a few hours ago. I haven't taken any new screenshots today, but I did manage to find some of my first ones:

you_are_what_you_eat.png

Pepper won a pizza eating contest on Lego Island. But instead of getting his prize, he got a trip to the hospital. Dr. Clickitt said that you are what you eat and that Pepper needs to quit eating pizza for a while.

mutant_minifigs_1.png

mutant_minifigs_2.png

This is what happens when you swap the standard minifig model with the bricksterbot model.

If I have the time, I will start swapping textures in the Z##XXX folders that I haven't browsed through yet. Right now though, I think I'm going to mess with the particle files.

I started messing around with some of the .PAR files in the Particles folder. Here are some screenshots:

particle_swapping_1.png

particle_swapping_2.png

Here, I swapped PIZZA_TRAIL.PAR with SUPE_TRAIL.PAR and PIZZA_EXPLODE.PAR with GOTHEART.PAR

particle_swapping_3.png

Here, I swapped HATCHANGE.PAR with GOTCARD.PAR

So far, there haven't been any crashes. However, some of the particles may be invisible or not work the right way depending on what the particle was originally used for (For example, I originally swapped PIZZA_TRAIL.PAR with GOTBRICK.PAR. When I launched the game, the particles just floated around me instead of going behind the pizza.) I have messed around with some other particles too, but the results weren't as cool as what is shown in the screenshots. I also swapped PH_BBQ_SMOKE.PAR (I think that was what the .PAR file was called) with BIG_LAVABOT.PAR (I forgot what this particle was exactly called too). There was so much smoke coming from the grill at Pepper's house that I could see it from the construction yard!

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

I completed the list of Char### models and textures in Z01SSP folder. (actually, I still need to specify prisoners...) Also included images of first four things because I couldn't figure out what they were.

Yeah, it's mysterious as to where they could be hidding.

Here are all the textures i found:

https://www.box.com/files/0/f/0/1/f_8828462099

"The item you are trying to access has either been deleted or is unavailable to you."

Eeeh, might want to fix that.

Oops! Sorry about that, I think I posted the wrong link (I'm new to file sharing)

Try this link and tell me if it works: https://www.box.com/s/ix9ai0ch6ao67ypumwzs

If it still isn't working, I'll read through the box help section to see if I can find the issue and a way to fix it.

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh cool, it's like a visual list. Didn't realize that's what it was going to be. Should I do a visual for the rest of the char### stuff that I figured out, and aleady listed, in the z01SSP folder despite them not being chars? (unless you wanted to, which is completely fine)

Oh cool, it's like a visual list. Didn't realize that's what it was going to be. Should I do a visual for the rest of the char### stuff that I figured out, and aleady listed, in the z01SSP folder despite them not being chars? (unless you wanted to, which is completely fine)

You can if you want too. I'm probably not going to add any non-character model/texture screenshots to the folders, but I might add a non-visual list of the textures and models to the folder later.

Did you find a file that controls what songs are played for each genre, and possibly edit the genres too? It would make music modding so much nicer.

Did you find a file that controls what songs are played for each genre, and possibly edit the genres too? It would make music modding so much nicer.

There doesn't seem to be anything in the cd subfolders yet, but there might be something in the cdc folders (I haven't even looked through the cdc subfolders for music-related files yet). What I do know right now is that the music files in the cd subfolders can be swapped and work perfectly. And because the music files are .ogg files, we might be able to create custom .oggs. As I browse through cdc to find music-related files, I will post my progress. I'm hoping that we can extend the radio's variety of songs.

Another list would be appreciated!

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Are you talking about another list for the characters?

Fluffy Cupcake

And because the music files are .ogg files, we might be able to create custom .oggs.

Hearing custom music in my IXS videos is enough proof that customs do work. ;P

Yeah, another list of assets and what they are. Hopefully we can find the hats.

And the subject of custom music, been there, done that.

Fluffy Cupcake

Just a note, there are a few DirectMusic files in the music folder which are ambient. In Simple DirectMusic Player, on the ambient file, keep pressing the stop and start button chooses a different ambient sound each time, as for building, it only appears to be one sound. I'm not sure where it is used, its like wind with and a bell/metal clanging sound.

Heh, looks like the sounds for the areas in the old map are still here.

Btw: DJ Jakkit's Radio Voices are located in: cdcommentenglish

I have been working on a non-visual list for ALL of the models/textures that have been figured out that I will add to the folder when I've finished the lists for each folder. Right now, I am already done with Z00DEF, Z00INT, Z01LGI, and Z01SPP.

Anyways, I have started to browse through and mess with files in the EDITOR folder. This folder is really confusing for me because it seems that some files with different extensions play the same role in the game. This folder seems to contain the starting points, animations, and paths for NPCs on Lego Island.

I accidentally deleted the folder a few days ago. When I ran Island Xtreme Stunts, the game surprisingly didn't crash until I loaded a game. Here's what happened after I started a new game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dieqq4VLvVs

I also swapped Z01_B1.BEH/.BHV with Z01_A1.BEH/.BHV and got these results:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHFE8W4koGg

I found it kind of cool to see everyone following a completely different path instead of their normal path. It was also cool seeing Shugu skate over to the other skate park and even see the Infomaniac's hologram. The only things I noticed that were missing were the prisoners. There are a few glitches I found though, such as Shugu skating through walls. Also, the game crashed when I tried to talk to certain people.

Fluffy Cupcake

So basically, I guess you should just start a new game whenever you modify this folder.

OR, go to film a movie (or anything that takes you away from the main island), and change it while the game is minimized. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.