Dont Understand

Munken

I have read a lot of threads from people asking how to install the mods and don’t understand.

I have installed WAD Tool and I did all the extractions so that's all fine. But that does not tell me how I install any mods to me it just seems like I have unfolded the game files. I wanted to install the dynamite extended cool down and since I can’t find anything about how get this mods into the game I figured that it was simple drag n' drop but no its still crashes my game.

How do I get this mod implemented in my game?

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/1929-extended-dynamite-countdown-and-kamikaze-raiders/

ahh i didn't see that. but now i have a new problem

Problem before:

game chrash when using TNT

What i did:

Downloaded the MiscAnims folder and copied only the "TickDown_Extended.lws" file into C:Program FilesLEGO MediaGamesRock RaidersDataMiscAnimsDynamite Then i Renamed it to "TickDown.lws"

Problem now:

crash on startup

if i then delete it and get the old tick down back the game works fine again.

do i need to copy more than just the TickDown.lws ?

i'm asking because as you pointed out simply overwrite the Tickdown.lws file in the MiscAnimsDynamite folder with the new one

You need to copy the MiscAnims folder in the ZIP file over the MiscAnims file in your LRR install, then you replace Tickdown.lws with one of the new ones. It's crashing your game because the LWS is looking for models that you didn't install. Somehow I made the instructions really misleading but I edited them in the topic.

One thing you should understand is that most mods here are installed by copying folders over existing folders, or files over existing files. If a mod is contained within a folder instead of just loose files, look in your LRR install for a folder with the same name. There's a good chance that you need to copy everything into there. And if you're asking yourself questions like this:

do i need to copy more than just the TickDown.lws ?

...then the answer is probably "yes, copy everything, why else would it be included?"

It worked

Yeah that was my first thougt

I figured that it was simple drag n' drop

meaning i picked up the MiscAnims form the Download and droped it in the data folder and said yes to overwrite the duplicates.

but i did not rename any of the TickDown_orig.lws / TickDown_Kamikaze.lws / TickDown_Extended.lws to TickDown.lws

i guess it would be kind of obvious to do that but i didn't. thank you for taking you time to help me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.