LDD Multiplayer VS Mode.

Alcom Isst

10 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Red Alcom
    • Blue Alcom

So I started pondering how I might squeeze a multiplayer competitive experience out of LDD, and ended up with this amusing result. A turn based vs Mode in which 2 players each build a creation of a specific theme under various constraints.

Rules used here:
  • Each player starts off with a minifigure and a seat as positioned.
  • With alternating turns, each player places a single brick to build their creation within the constraints of a theme and possibly additional rules.
  • When a player places a brick, the other player is no longer able to use that specific brick.
  • After 98 turns, where each creation is 50 pieces (minus the minifigure in this case), the game ends.
  • Victor is determined based on peer judging

The video replay was just me rapidly undoing the model while recording, and reversing the result.

LDD File:

Here.

Oe94ppq.png
y8FqzeR.png
UGC3GgD.png

• Like 3

This is a brilliant idea for an LDD game. I don't think I'd have the time nor an opponent to play it myself, but it looked fun. Then again I guess you'd need moderately good building skills.

How long did this particular game take you to play through?

How long did this particular game take you to play through?

Over an hour, I think. I was keeping track of the part usage on a separate laptop, and there were long moments between turns where I was contemplating strategy.

It's a good thing that you specified no technic, otherwise the first one to pick the friction pin basically wins, unless the other person is some crazy 1970's style builder or something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.