hi

LegoJoe

Hi all! I registered Yesterday but I only just discovered about the welcome-to-new-members post and thought I should post. Anyway, yeah, I know it sounds weird, but I'm 12. I have a Lego Island 3 : The Return of The Brickster project in mind on and blog here : http://www.rockraidersunited.org/blog/139-lego-island-3-the-return-of-the-brickster/. There is more info(rmaniac*) there. So, yeah, thanks for accepting me into the rock raiders forum as a complete stranger. Hopefully this will clear the fog a bit more.

My profile is located at http://www.rockraidersunited.org/user/7555-legojoe. 

* geddit! informaniac!  :af:

Hello. Hi. Now that that's over with, might I ask how experienced you are in this sort of stuff? You can't make a game out of the blue. It takes time and effort, and you have to know what you're doing. 

For starters, the title. We already have a actual LEGO Island 3 that you mentioned in your blog. You know, Island Xtreme Stunts. Third LEGO Island game, files still call it LI3. Plus that horrible fangame that is also called Lego Island 3 (note the lack of proper capitalization). This aside, LEGO Island 4 would not work either, as you do not own LEGO Island. Your game would not be an actual fourth installment in the franchise. It would be a fan game, and does not deserve to have such a misleading title.

Speaking of not owning it. In the comments of your blog you said that, unlike that OTHER fan game, this would cost $36.00. Terrible pricing aside, you can not do this. You do not own the LEGO Island franchise, or LEGO. You do not have a license with LEGO to produce this for a profit. If you did, you would no be 12, you would not be doing this alone. Simply put, you can not do this for a profit, as you are using the LEGO brand without permission. The other fan game was non-profit because that is all that you are allowed to do. Try making money off of that thing, and LEGO will be on you like studs on a brick. Not developing the franchise is not the same thing as not having copyright - the Island series may not be trademarked any more, but the LEGO logo sure is.
Besides, a CD-ROM? This isn't 2002. If you want this to be as big and fantastic as the LEGO Island games (the third of which barely fit on the disc), you're going to need a bigger medium than that. I mean, you predict this will take eleven years to make - it better be good. And, since this will be non-profit, good luck buying enough CDs/DVDs.

And er, going by your story outline

and also suffer getting 47 years of the rickroll!

Not to sound rude (I probably will anyway), but your age sort of shows a bit. You may want to get your programming done first and let your story grow and change for a few months or years, so that you will have had time to sort it out better and not use memes in it.

Besides,

This game will hopefully be better than LI2

That certainly isn't a difficult achievement.

Anyway, welcome to RRU. Now that I've written my longest intro reply ever, I need sleep.

Edit:

We can click on your user name. We know how to get to your profile.

Car CrazeXVI

Your comment approval thing is annoying, so I'll just put this here for now.

OK, I want an explanation for this:

Allow me to explain the issue you'd have, in the most relaxed way I possibly could explain.

If you tried to sell it instead of make it non-profitable, LEGO would be very outraged, because you aren't the creator of the Lego Island franchise.

And I'm sure that you probably don't want a lot of problems on your hands.

but, neither was silicon dreams, and they got away with it. mindscape created LI.

So Silicon Dreams didn't own LEGO Island, yet they released LEGO Island 2, an official LEGO game, which Wes Jenkins himself was supposed to be involved with, followed by Island Xtreme Stunts, another official LEGO game. Wow.

joey roni
original character

do not stel

I am not stealing, or at least I don't think I am anyway. I took my name, Joey (more commonly Joe) and the 'Roni' from Pepper, and merged them. I have played every game in the series and not once has any Joey Roni come up once. But, if you think that the name infringes the Lego Island copyright, then I will change it. But until then, nothing is changing.

You don't get the joke.

joey roni
original character
do not stel

That does raise a question though... why is LEGOJoe's grammar so good?

What, compared to lair's? Honestly, I have no idea.

Except he was joking. Plus, you didn't capitalize the first letter of his name, or Mindscape, or Silicon Dreams, or...

It's better than the GBA version of LEGO games.

And every version of LEGO Island II  -snip x13-

This is complete bull. Haven't you read the reviews for the GBC and GBA ports? And yes, I've played the GBA port myself.

In the (very) short time you've been here, I already hate you, but judging by the fact that you set comments in your profile to "Allow me to approve comments before they are displayed on my profile" and blog to "Moderate all comments" really tells me you were afraid someone would say that.

Hi all! I registered Yesterday but I only just discovered about the welcome-to-new-members post and thought I should post. Anyway, yeah, I know it sounds weird, but I'm 12. I have a Lego Island 3 : The Return of The Brickster project in mind on and blog here : http://www.rockraidersunited.org/blog/139-lego-island-3-the-return-of-the-brickster/. There is more info(rmaniac*) there. So, yeah, thanks for accepting me into the rock raiders forum as a complete stranger. Hopefully this will clear the fog a bit more.

My profile is located at http://www.rockraidersunited.org/user/7555-legojoe. 

* geddit! informaniac!  :af:

The only advice that I have to give to you, is, never use blue text in posts. Or else nobody tells you how to get member titles. :3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.