Can't get Rock raiders to work on windows 7

gooberlious

gooberlious

So for the past while (couple days) i have been searching and testing and getting frustrated and such with trying to get Rock raiders to work on my Laptop
i am getting this error

http://i.imgur.com/z6chrCh.jpg

Does anyone have an idea of what to do?

running

Windows 7
4GB of ram
64 bit OS
and a Pentium CPU @2.3 GHZ
intergrated graphics card

i tried launching it with that shiny LMS thing as well....purhaps i am using it wong will look into that while i wait

oh another thing is that i lost my rock raiders disk so i got a digital copy and mounted it, i so have no physical disk....

Firstly, thanks for using LMS, but it's not going to help you here. It looks like either 1, your integrated gfx isn't playing nice with something, or 2, the fact that you've mounted it means that something is breaking because of that. If you can dump the files from the iso/whatever onto your drive you might have more luck trying to run it like that.

gooberlious

purhaps i am missing another DLL somewere

or maybe it has to do with that fact that i am mounting it....last time i installed on my vita computer i burnt it to the disk....and lost it (again)

(back then i didn't know what mounting was)

as an update:

i made sure that it was in compatability mode with "run as admin" enabled as well. (and i messed around with little sucess with the other options; 256 colours and such)

Firstly, thanks for using LMS, but it's not going to help you here. It looks like either 1, your integrated gfx isn't playing nice with something, or 2, the fact that you've mounted it means that something is breaking because of that. If you can dump the files from the iso/whatever onto your drive you might have more luck trying to run it like that.

i thought maybe it was the way it was being launched,

anyways it is installed on my computer (in the X86 program files under a lego media) 

purhaps it might work if i got the files that we know works and then tried it?

EDIT: the "mode selection" screen comes up after this error, the game launches (at least i assume its the game) and then it stops working

i guess i should have said that frist.....

Sorry, i'm a little tried from work today

No, it's not that. It looks like it's an issue with DirectX. I know there's an installer for that on the disk. Your iso is basically a clone of what would be on the disk, yes? Or is it the installed game?

gooberlious

No, it's not that. It looks like it's an issue with DirectX. I know there's an installer for that on the disk. Your iso is basically a clone of what would be on the disk, yes? Or is it the installed game?

i'm pretty sure that its just the install files

itsn't DirectX suppose to be compataple with each other (1 and 2 are compatabile with 5 or 6) 

so i guess then i will look up a install file for DirectX6?

EDIT: so installing Dx 6 (that is what i am calling it now)  installed (to my knowledge)

however i had no luck, started the game both the normal way, the manual way,  and the LMS way....i just have no such luck

*goes to look up LP on youtube*

EDIT: if someone does come up with something....let me know here

if it fixes it....i would love you so much i would give you hugs to almost no end and lots of internets

and cookies!

If your iso contains the installed game, copy all the files over to your drive. The game wasn't meant to be played from the disk in that fashion.

The contents of the disk look like this. If it doesn't look like this, you have the game installed onto it.

ceqxfbo.png

i am missing a folder called "Id", "start.exe", "start.ico", "start.apm"

my thing now ooks like this

http://i.imgur.com/qlFmZsF.jpg

i am currently seeing if i can just find these files....the ones i mentioned...

Right, so you've basically got the disk there. If you can't use that to install the game with the installer, I have a tool that will do that for you. It only works if there's a disk in the drive though, so you can try it with your iso (mounted, of course). There's also a manual way of doing it, if you feel like trying that. http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/2843-installer-not-working-you-can-salvage-your-game/

gooberlious

i am missing a folder called "Id", "start.exe", "start.ico", "start.apm"

my thing now ooks like this

http://i.imgur.com/qlFmZsF.jpg

i am currently seeing if i can just find these files....the ones i mentioned...

Right, so you've basically got the disk there. If you can't use that to install the game with the installer, I have a tool that will do that for you. It only works if there's a disk in the drive though, so you can try it with your iso (mounted, of course). There's also a manual way of doing it, if you feel like trying that. http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/2843-installer-not-working-you-can-salvage-your-game/

the extraction worked (when i used the right data >.<)

now i complained about there no being a disc in there so i am coping all the files to a disc, and then i will run it again and see what happens

EDIT:

now when i click the autorun i get this error (i am doing this in the x86 FYI)

when click the EXE then i get the same old error as before

lms is saying something before closing if i try and launch it that way.

EDIT2: so i guess somehow redoing this and coping a new D3blah blah.dll and then following this guy (deleteing the AVIs) then launching it....worked like a hot damn!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH DOCTOR!!!!

this is littary me when i worked

gooberlious

refer to my edit #2 :D

EDIT: and thanks again for the help doc....

i gives you alot of internet cookies....

• 2 months later...

So for the past while (couple days) i have been searching and testing and getting frustrated and such with trying to get Rock raiders to work on my Laptop

i am getting this error

http://i.imgur.com/z6chrCh.jpg

Does anyone have an idea of what to do?

running

Windows 7

4GB of ram

64 bit OS

and a Pentium CPU @2.3 GHZ

intergrated graphics card

i tried launching it with that shiny LMS thing as well....purhaps i am using it wong will look into that while i wait

oh another thing is that i lost my rock raiders disk so i got a digital copy and mounted it, i so have no physical disk....

you need to download the .dll       ddraw.dll  you can download it at this site then put it where the game exe is in the instal map http://www.dlldump.com/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.