hello i need help

hsof777

i followed the extractor directions

added in the d2drm.dll file from the disk

ran in xp service pack 3 compatibility

and did the instillation for for video fix

right now the game will start and when i try to play the first mission it crashes

also whats the best way to post my specs?

---- update-----

so i deleted the videos and reloaded them so the cut scenes work but the levels still wont load

ill keep looking for ways to fix it. in the mean time any ideas?

Edited by hsof777
  • Like 1

i followed the extractor directions added in the d2drm.dll file from the disk ran in xp service pack 3 compatibility and did the instillation for for video fix right now when i try to start it it will show the splash screen and my screen will go black and then nothing

Can you please give us more information? Ocassionally RR does just crash (probably more than occasionally, hah :P ). If it repeats then try re-installing RR.

Oh, and have you modded the game? More modding = More crashing.

(BTW don't ask me for much help as I don't know too much about modding)

What we really need to know before we can help are your computer's specs. OS, video card, etc. Also, please edit your post next time instead of triple posting.

so i followed the all the directions for the manual installation of the game 

i put the d2drm.dll in the system 32 folder

the game will only start with the settings on rgb graphics and will constantly crash when i try to start the first mission

when i try to start the first mission

Try the second mission then!

(If you need to unlock it by doing the first level (which you probably will), make a shortcut to RR.exe. Right-Click the shortcut (NOT the original file!) and select 'Properties.' In the 'Target' section, which has a long file name, add "-testlevels" (WITHOUT the quotes!) The target box should look somewhat like this:

"C:Program FilesLEGO MediaGamesRock RaidersLegoRR.exe" -testlevels

|__________________________________________|

Don't worry about this bracket /.

It's the end bit that needs to be correct.

Anyways, try the second level or any one you care to click.

Have you done any modding with this?

Oh, and just where did you add the d3drm WHATEVER file thingy? (Ignore that bit which was here but I deleted because I think it's wrong. Go ask someone who isn't a n00b.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.