Training Mission: The Maze

alan

Here's my new mission:

Training Mission: The Maze

by alan

gallery_4679_356_942829.png

Back Story:

You are here to train yourself in orientation and the right use of vehicles. Find the base using the different vehicles spread out in the cave.

Map Objective:

Guide the Rock Raider back to the HQ

Difficulty:

Easy/Medium

Installation Instructions:

This level will not replace any other level. Put the level folder "Maze" into DataLevelsGameLevels (DATA method) or LegoRR0LevelsGameLevels

Then add the level configurations and the custom level setup to your own Lego.cfg (see description in the cfg).

When you have done all that correctly, the level should appear at the left side of Frozen Frenzy.

IMPORTANT:

1. The Raider at the beginning of the level must be trained as pilot and driver!

2. Because it is not possible to make undiscovered rivers flow into discovered caves (at least without a wall glitch) you must have the Tunnel Transport installed. The Tunnel Transport must be usable and it must be able to carry vehicles just like the Cargo Carrier.

Note: Because I'm not that good at npl scripting the level ends very quickly. I tried to insert a short time loop but it seems to be more complicated than I expected. If there's anyone who knows how to write a simple time loop, please contact me!

Anyway... Have fun with that map! (if there are people who want to play it)

DOWNLOAD

Sure.

This level is impossible unless you have a raider trained as both a driver and a pilot. There are sections of hard rock that you need to drill through in order to progress, along with expanses of water that require the use of the Tunnel Scout. There is some backtracking in order to bring the Small Digger forward, especially with the Tunnel Transport. This reminds me of the PS1 game's missions where you have to use the Tunnel Transport to move the Chrome Crusher around. I liked it, but you need to add a way to train the raider, even if it means creating abandoned bases.

Protip for level makers: you can instantly train a raider in a single driving skill at the start of any mission by forcing him to drive a vehicle in the OL file. See Run the Gauntlet for an example.

Sure.

This level is impossible unless you have a raider trained as both a driver and a pilot. There are sections of hard rock that you need to drill through in order to progress, along with expanses of water that require the use of the Tunnel Scout. There is some backtracking in order to bring the Small Digger forward, especially with the Tunnel Transport. This reminds me of the PS1 game's missions where you have to use the Tunnel Transport to move the Chrome Crusher around. I liked it, but you need to add a way to train the raider, even if it means creating abandoned bases.

Protip for level makers: you can instantly train a raider in a single driving skill at the start of any mission by forcing him to drive a vehicle in the OL file. See Run the Gauntlet for an example.

Yes I know that you need a raider trained as both driver and pilot. Isn't it mentioned in the objective briefing? (oops, I fogot that part of my translation then, I'll add the information to the OP at the top). I don't want the Raider to sit in the Tunnel Scout right at the beginning, you are supposed to find it and use all vehicles in a special order.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.