LEGO Island: The Model

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

I figured I should just let this out. I dunno when I will next touch it, but I tell ya I'm not done with it. Well, enjoy! And leave any questions or comments you like.

Program used: Sketchup
Last touched: Mid-August 2013

Images (too large for spoilers)

h3sq.png

ep7h.png

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

Looking good. Plan to use it for anything specific?

What I originally had in mind when I first started was a custom map for Mario Kart Wii, but I think once it is done it can be used for pretty much anything (maybe even a map hack for some LEGO game perhaps, when some game can get custom map models working in one).

no that would be very unrealistic. im saying port it over to source as a map.

I know what you meant. I took it out on my own tangent. Sort of.

The Ace Railgun

death-matches

Pepper Vs. Pappa...The Pizza Showdown...

custom map for Mario Kart Wii

Could you make it available for G-Mod as well Xiron? 

Fluffy Cupcake

Could you make it available for G-Mod as well Xiron? 

Perhaps. I don't really have any experience with that, so I might let someone else do it (although yes, it being on gmod would be AWESOME!). I plan to release it for download after completion.

Fluffy Cupcake

no. you know, like hl2dm...

Not familiar with that.

What is this for?

Oh I don't know, why don't you read the previous posts and tell me when you find out eh.

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch (though I haven't played it in quite some time). But if it's ported to Source it can be used for Garry's Mod and all.

What is this for?

Oh I don't know, why don't you read the previous posts and tell me when you find out eh.

Sassy trigger.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Wow, this remodeling wonder certainly looks like the original. Maybe once you finish, you can work on doing something like remodeling the LI racetrack. Also, I believe that the lines and details on the roads were actually modeled as part of the island and were not textures like your roads appear to be. Oh, and how did you extract the textures or did you just find similar ones to use? And before I forget, out of curiosity, how long would you say that you have spent in total on this so far?

Fluffy Cupcake

Wow, this remodeling wonder certainly looks like the original. Maybe once you finish, you can work on doing something like remodeling the LI racetrack. Also, I believe that the lines and details on the roads were actually modeled as part of the island and were not textures like your roads appear to be. Oh, and how did you extract the textures or did you just find similar ones to use? And before I forget, out of curiosity, how long would you say that you have spent in total on this so far?

Racetrack? Perhaps. Not in the question yet though.

I don't think they were modeled, why would they do that anyway? It would be a waste to model it, even modern games don't do that afaik.

Textures? Here is my trick for the time being: Go into the debug flying mode. For grass/sand and water, go to a perfectly flat area, and look perfectly straight down, and then fly high enough so you can crop a looping point on the texture, resize as needed to make proper dimensions; as for the walls I do the same, but on another axis, and for road, that was easy enough to make from scratch, so I did (but used original as reference).

I can confirm the road details are not modeled on. You can tell when in Direct 3D HAL mode.

This. They actually look kinda bad in Direct3D HAL mode, as they're all smoothed out and their low resolution is more apparent.

This looks really good, I actually converted the entire island model from LI2 to source engine once... I can't remember what I did with it. Fie!

This looks really good, I actually converted the entire island model from LI2 to source engine once... I can't remember what I did with it. Fie!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Sorry, but it just sounds like a lie.

Indeed, I understand. I don't have any pics, so believe as you will. I don't have anything to prove. It wasn't very impressive, but perhaps I'll look into doing it again.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Sorry, but it just sounds like a lie.

Wat? We've got tools to convert LI2 models to OBJ, I've imported the whole island model into Unity before (and lots of other models, like this) without any problem.
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.