CHALLENGE! Lacks proper title, but...

Fush

If there is a better forum section for this let me know :/ So I had an idea a while back, to try and make an MOC using only the pieces from three randomly selected LEGO sets. How it works: >Use a random number generator to generate a list of 4 digit numbers >Go down list and take the first three numbers that correspond to actual LEGO sets >These are the set you have to work with You can simply click this link to get a list that meets the criteria. I have only just now got my numbers, which are: 7968 8853 1495 I will post here when I have finished my model, and if anyone else wants to take this challenge you can post your own topic, but link to it here. Happy building everyone! (P.S. Can someone suggest a proper name for this challenge so's I can edit the title please)

The Ace Railgun

(P.S. Can someone suggest a proper name for this challenge so's I can edit the title please)

What about the Mystery piece/set MOC Challenge? Also very interesting Idea, certainly would encourage imagination.

And the chances of actually owning the three randomly selected LEGO sets is?

Slim, yes. But as you'll notice, this is in the digital section, meaning you're meant to use a program like LDD or LDraw.

Maybe I will do a random madness combination set, when I've time.

Here are my sets:

6933 Spectral Starguider - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

6892 Modular Space Transport - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

8944 Tanma - Brickipedia, the LEGO Wiki

Basicly I have to build BIONICLE - IN SPACE (two times!) ;)

PS: I already posted it in the shoutbox, but I will post it again: If you are really lucky (or "lucky", because the amount of bricks is too high), you will get 3450, 5526 and 8421 (Statue of Liberty, Skyline and the Unimog).

Together they have 2882 +  2747 + 2048 = 7677 bricks! (Maybe there are bigger sets with four digit numbers, but this was the best result, I've found with a few minutes search so far).

Slim, yes. But as you'll notice, this is in the digital section, meaning you're meant to use a program like LDD or LDraw.

Ah, that explains. Didn't notice that.

I actually might take part in this one.

5642-1 Tipper Truck

4414 - LEGO Creator Bucket

3844 - Creationary

Let's hear it for basic bricks. :P

Okay, I rolled, and I got:

5920 Island Racer. Okay, not bad. Small, but not bad.
8277 Giant model set. Sweet, loads o' technic.
3420 Championship Challenge II. Eh, plenty of minifigs going for it, but the heaps of specialized parts are a letdown.

Expect to see the results of this mashup soon.

Edit: Done! LDD didn't have the soccer guys' printing, but that's fine. I had the idea of a playground related model knocking around my head for a while, so I decided a seesaw would be a good use of those technic pieces.

gallery_4239_302_75950.png

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/TheChallenge1_617220.lxf

Yeah, it was just a quickie. I might put more effort into future challenges, but I just wanted to tackle this to see if I liked the concept. I might even try another MOC with this specific combo if I have the time. I probably have enough leftover pieces for a whole playground!

Aaaand just to see what my next selections will be, I rolled again for:

5974 Galactic Enforcer. Sweet. I certainly have some Ideas for this.

4696 Blue Bucket. Jackpot. Miscellanious pieces a-go-go.

1605 Red Basic Set. Dang. That's a letdown. Well, the other two sets probably have enough cool stuff to make up for it.

Ah, that explains. Didn't notice that.

Indeed. My original intent was to track down the sets I need on eBay, but when I end up with sets from '88 those might be a little hard to track down and might cost me quite a bit more that I can afford. In the end it' not worth the trouble considering you could build the model digitally and it would cost nothing at all.

@Pranciblad: That was quick. The see-saw looks nice, but it's a little small given the amount of bricks you had to work with. I highly encourage you to build the rest of the playground :D

Yeah, it was just a quickie. I might put more effort into future challenges, but I just wanted to tackle this to see if I liked the concept.

So what's the verdict?

I've come to a decision. I'm going to re-do the last batch of sets, and then do the next one, and the next... Why? Because I really like this challenge. I haven't just gone out and built something to build something in forever. This is a good way to get your creative juices flowing, like a writing prompt for Lego.

If I didn't know any better i'd say you were trying to get bad, unworkable sets. The Jurassic Park one is good, but the others... Yeah, i don't see that working at all.

Would you like to roll again?

Maybe I should add a footnote about DUPLO sets not counting...? TBH I didn't even consider DUPLO using the same numbering system.

Would you like to roll again?

NO! I will not give in to a minor case of bad luck that I have relabeled as a handicap imposed for fairness.

This sounds like fun.

3854 -Frog Rush: well that's a lot of frogs...and 2*2 plate single pieces hmmm

8159 - Racer X & Taejo Togokhan: Sweet! I got some wheels to work with

4661 - Construction Worker: Duplo.... Challenge accepted! 

Wish me luck!

edit:

you can post your own topic, but link to it here.

whoops, sorry i should have posted this in my own topic.

whoops, sorry i should have posted this in my own topic.

You don't have too, it's just a suggestion. plus you probably shouldn't post a separate topic until the model is complete.

I feel kind of bad saying something like I did back here and then just not doing anything. I guess that when brick hit the fan at school it created a spare-time wormhole that just sucked mine all away. I'll try and revisit this soon, for real.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.