Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

EDIT: Use this tool instead!

Alright, before we get started, the first thing you must know is that this DOES require knowledge of using a Hex editor, unless of course someone programs a tool.
I know Hex editing isn't an easy thing ( :smug: or so you think. Did you even try? :?: ) I am willing to port people's builds over to pre-builts for distribution so long as your construction is of quality.

Things to know before we get started:
Pre-builts are located in /game data/car builder/worldname/filename.CCD
Customs are located in GameSave, in which afaik the dirrectory is /Documents/Games/LEGO Racers 2/Saved Games/ (if different for you let me know!)

1) Alright, so first off go build your majestic car in game, and then save it, and once you are done, return here.

2) Open your GameSave and any pre-built vehicle of choice in your desired Hex editor (for those asking, I myself use HxD).

3) Copy any of the following blocks of data and paste/replace over to the pre-existing file are you're good to go!
P.S. Yes, the AI racers do use these pre-builts as well.

Offsets to know:
Sandy Bay:                    94C-C3F
Sandy Bay 2:                 C40-F33
Arctic:                            20EC-23DF
Arctic 2:                         23E0-26D3
Dino Island:                   388C-3B7F
Dino Island 2:                3B80-3E7E
Mars:                             502C-531F
Mars 2:                          5320-5613
Xalax:                            67CC-6ABF
Xalax 2:                         6AC0-6DB3
(there are more, but should I really bother?)

Sandy Bay Adventure Car:   8014-8307
Arctic Adventure Car::          8308-86FB
Dino Island Adventure Car:  85FC-88EF
Mars Adventure Car:            88F0-8BE3 
Xalax Adventure Car::          8BE4-8EDF

How-to video:
http://youtu.be/Ngqsk0qthXc

• 9 months later...

what do you mean by arctic and arctic 2?  Do you mean player ones custom car and player twos custom car? 

Each one of the .ccd files are 2F4 bytes long while

Edit:  Can someone give me the arctic folder I just screwed up and the game is not starting.  The patch program that origamiguy made keeps on applying a patch that I edited that has a messed up vehicle.  I dont know what is going on... I thought I knew what I was doing.......

Arctic Adventure Car::          8308-86FB            isnt that supposed to be 85FB  I think that is what messed me up...

Fluffy Cupcake

Origamiguy's patcher tool does not modify any existing files except the .exe (it just changes a few bytes so you can play with extracted files, nothing else). If anything was changed in the files, it was your doing.

Yes, I do mean player's custom created cars by "arctic" and "arctic 2".

If you screwed up, just replace a pre-existing working car over the one you broke. You should always make a backup of your files before you start to mod.

I should make a video for this topic...

I tested it out afterwards and found out that the patcher did nothing, but I still dont know what I am doing wrong.

I did make a backup before using the patcher and before editing any files, but for some reason afterward the patched version doesnt work while the original does. In game on the original version the al cars are still unchanged...  Ill wait for a video.  Maybe you will post one tom?

Fluffy Cupcake

Added video to first post in the topic! :)

Perhaps, if this still isn't right, your offset are different in your SaveGame?

One thing to note about them is that at the start is should have a lot of 00s. (usually 3 sets of 4 bytes, each all having only one byte having a non-null value)

Well I watched the video and I am still not getting anywhere.  I will try again later.  Thanks for putting up the video though :)

Edit: I was thinking maybe I could make a video to show you what I was doing, or maybe we could use google remote desktop so you can see what I am doing wrong?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.